The 2018/19 Betting Thread

Kaizero

I did something similar starting at £5 not in play though, got up to just over £20 and then one loss tucked me up, couldn't be bothered again :)

I'll have a look at the in play option though.

Trying a strategy I just found out about. Start with £10, then bet on something around 1.10 in odds that already looks certain (live bets). Take the £10 + winnings and place that on another 1.10 bet, continue until rich. Already at £47 after being at it for five hours :lol:

Been around since the beginning of time and doesn't work. You're going to get a bad result sooner or later and it's all gone. Remember the student who stuck £4000 on Angola when they were 4-0 up? Ended up drawing 4-4.

Trying a strategy I just found out about. Start with £10, then bet on something around 1.10 in odds that already looks certain (live bets). Take the £10 + winnings and place that on another 1.10 bet, continue until rich. Already at £47 after being at it for five hours :lol:

Been around since the beginning of time and doesn't work. You're going to get a bad result sooner or later and it's all gone. Remember the student who stuck £4000 on Angola when they were 4-0 up? Ended up drawing 4-4.

First example that came to my mind :thup: Every day there are plenty of 1/10 shots get beat during in play betting.

And obviously, any bet is still a bet. But the chances of having 50 bets go in in a row is much higher with 1.10-ish odds than if you went for pre-match 2.25's and so on :lol: At some point you'll lose, you just need to know when you're starting to feel too uncomfortable betting the money. In my head, I'll try to justify all the high stake bets as "it's only actually £10 that you would lose".

Why not just do an accy full of 1/10 shots? Quicker.

I feel you don't need to be explained why that is a lot less likely to work :lol:

It's the same principle

EDIT: Only difference is that you think a 1.1 in-play is better value than a 1.1 pre-match

Why not just do an accy full of 1/10 shots? Quicker.

I feel you don't need to be explained why that is a lot less likely to work :lol:

It's the same principle

EDIT: Only difference is that you think a 1.1 in-play is better value than a 1.1 pre-match

In-play, and you'd be hard pressed to find multiple bets you're 100% confident in even if the odds are 1.10. Combined a 1.02 with a 1.14 yesterday, I must admit, but both I felt were absolute certainties. Tons of 1.10s don't feel certain, not touching them at all. For instance, a team 1-0 up with 15 mins to go. Chances of a fluke equalizer are far too high to fuck with even if the odds of the team winning are "certain".

Hell of a streak. Nice one. Started with £5 for me. Walked away with a £15 profit and got bored.  :lol:

Been working a lot and have a multi-screen set-up so I just have the live odds section of Unibet up on one of the screens :lol:

Got some examples of these bet types? I had a look at the inplay on some games yesterday and none of the 1.08-1.12 ones even looked worth it and/or certain. Probably dunno what I'm looking for tbf

Colombia up 1 over Japan with 10 mins left was 1.14, the game was on in the live bet section and it was all Colombia, so felt fairly certain.

Bahia vs some third division Brazilian outfit, 2-0 up with 30 to go @ 1.10 + Lanus vs some third division Argentine outfit, 1-0 up with 40 to go @ 1.23, combined them.

Herbalife Gran Canaria vs Olympiakos (Euroleague, Basketball), Herbalife up by 20 at the end of the third quarter, 1.09

Essentially it's games where there's decent information on the in-game stats available, preferably with the possibility to watch so you can see how the games are going for a few minutes to feel more confident.

Did Iceland, Turkey, England and France as well. Iceland and Turkey up by one, England and France 1.03 and 1.01 just for a few extra :lol:

Got some examples of these bet types? I had a look at the inplay on some games yesterday and none of the 1.08-1.12 ones even looked worth it and/or certain. Probably dunno what I'm looking for tbf

I was looking at draws 1.08 to 1.15 with about 5 mins plus stoppage time, it's risky as one bet fucks it all up but its paid for a few "normal" accumulators today for me.

fuck knas how you've got to nearly a grand on your first attempt (?) like :lol: It's not a new strategy and I've seen people on reddit try it many times. Literally everyone always loses before ~150 and gives up cause it doesnt work.  I tried it a couple years back, stuck at it over a couple of weeks and also lost every time

Think it’s a case of it being boring people eventually take risks. If you steadily pick out 1/10s with some luck you can build something. Seen a few people winning over £1k before