The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Always rankled we never bought him when he left Heerenveen. Literally scored past us n all.

Said the same on here a few weeks ago. We played against some decent strikers in the UEFA Cup. Huntelaar, Kezman, Eto'o, Drogba

Got a soft spot for Leeds as know a few of their fans and I'm often down there. Real old school support too especially away. Bar Liverpool recently, that day we played them on Good Friday was the best atmosphere around town and in the ground with a bit of edge that is often not there these days. They've been fucked over something rotten for years with owners and often flattering to deceive in the first hald to two thirds of the season before ballsing it up yet again.

No feelings either way towards Derby but fuck Villa.

I don't understand (well, the answer is probably €€€ but I'll make my point anyway) why they don't just have a list of potential stadiums and choose the final venue based on the two teams who qualify for it (size of fanbase, distance, travel convenience etc). Most of these big European stadiums can host a final at the drop of a hat, as the Bernebeu did when they moved the Copa Libertadores there at short notice.

I think Arsenal have got every right to demand the final be moved.

:thup:

Why?

Because UEFA have arranged a final in a place where one of their players has to be left at home for his own safety? ??? I think we'd be seeing a lot more fuss about it if it were Aubameyang or Hazard who couldn't play.

I don't understand (well, the answer is probably €€€ but I'll make my point anyway) why they don't just have a list of potential stadiums and choose the final venue based on the two teams who qualify for it (size of fanbase, distance, travel convenience etc). Most of these big European stadiums can host a final at the drop of a hat, as the Bernebeu did when they moved the Copa Libertadores there at short notice.

Playing devils advocate, I guess that if you 'reserve' 6 stadiums on a shortlist for the 25th June 2020 then that would restrict their ability to host a pop concert/rugby game or whatever.

Playing devils advocate, I guess that if you 'reserve' 6 stadiums on a shortlist for the 25th June 2020 then that would restrict their ability to host a pop concert/rugby game or whatever.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/16/uefa-handed-azerbaijan-europa-league-final-baku-chelsea-arsenal

As Doyle suggests, the principle of spreading it around is a good one. It would pretty much always be in the same countries if you took team nationality into account. The main problem is Azerbaijan is a fuckup on a number of levels.

Guest neesy111

Nevermind hotels etc and it would piss off sponsors etc

The problem isn't spreading the final around, it's taking it out to bloody Azerbaijan. Rotate it around central and western Europe, on the extremely high likelihood that these countries will provide the finalists.

Guest chopey

I think it's fantastic that fans in these "poor" countries can see our great players, I look forward to finals in Malta, Iceland, Slovenia and Moldova, UEFA really do lead the way in promoting a culture of inclusivty.

#no bungs were handed out during this post#