Rolando Aarons

Chapo

Guest firetotheworks

I'm on the fence at the moment. I never really think much of players that are all pace and it was only pre-season. Very promising though and he could definitely develop into a useful player.

He's not all pace though. Makes good decisions, has good technique and control as well as being an able crosser of the ball.

Got a lot more going for him than just a turn of pace.

I'm on the fence at the moment. I never really think much of players that are all pace and it was only pre-season. Very promising though and he could definitely develop into a useful player.

That's just it though, he wasn't just all pace  :lol:

It's pre-season, touch and the rest of it won't get the same amount of time when it matters but the pace will remain. Similarly, Obertan had a good game today. I like the look of Aarons, but I'm not getting ahead of myself or anything, he looks promising.

:lol: Seemed like Sammy, tbh.

He showed about the same amount of end product in that match as we've seen from Sammy in his entire NUFC career.

:lol: Slightly unfair, imo. Sammy was passing to a dead Papiss Cisse in competitive matches, and Aarons looked good in a friendly.

Sammy/Ferguson/Aaron's all looked exciting and promising when they burst on the scene.

Given our coaching teams success with ruining the careers of the former two we certainly shouldn't be too excited. Really had high hopes for Fergie especially, looked like he had pace, decent control, good cross and got stuck in. Sammy like Shola had all the tools but just doesn't have that mental switch turned on to take him further. Either way neither got a fair chance to prove themselves.

He's not all pace though. Makes good decisions, has good technique and control as well as being an able crosser of the ball.

Got a lot more going for him than just a turn of pace.

That's just it though, he wasn't just all pace  :lol:

It's pre-season, touch and the rest of it won't get the same amount of time when it matters but the pace will remain. Similarly, Obertan had a good game today. I like the look of Aarons, but I'm not getting ahead of myself or anything, he looks promising.

Meh don't care, he's a winger who is direct and makes good decisions.

We don't have that.

Guest firetotheworks

How on earth does he look twice the player of Sammy man? :lol: I'm not saying he wont be, but at this stage that's a really weird thing to say about a player that's performed well in a pre-season match vs a player that's stagnated after looking promising in actual matches.

How on earth does he look twice the player of Sammy man? :lol: I'm not saying he wont be, but at this stage that's a really weird thing to say about a player that's performed well in a pre-season match vs a player that's stagnated after looking promising in actual matches.

This :thup: The Sammy hate on here has always seemed over the top.

Looks intelligent and good on ball, hope he gets some games next season, although I fully expect Pardew to start the season with Cabella, De Jong and Sissoko in that 3 but good to see we have a few options such as him, Armstrong and Perez lurking in the shadows. If only we had a manager to develop them and the squad

This :thup: The Sammy hate on here has always seemed over the top.

I don't think Sammy is that bad tbh, but I think this kid looks more switched on and intelligent in his play. Sammy is awkward but has potential

Guest firetotheworks

Sammy is the epitome of a Newcastle player with potential in that he hasn't progressed at all.