Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

The squad they have is horrific, the standard in the 3rd division is terrible.

They will need a decent overhaul, no matter what happens I’d be amazed if they challenge for a play off place in the Championship

They will probably have to find a better manager than Ross.

They will need a decent overhaul, no matter what happens I’d be amazed if they challenge for a play off place in the Championship

They’ll do well to do what Blackburn achieved last season which was just lower mid-table. They’ll need to find an 18-20 goal a season striker like Graham and a playmaker like Bradley Dack before they even begin. That’d cost them a lot of money.

They’ll do well to do what Blackburn achieved last season which was just lower mid-table. They’ll need to find an 18-20 goal a season striker like Graham and a playmaker like Bradley Dack before they even begin. That’d cost them a lot of money.

Blackburn only paid around £2 million for both of them which is not a lot of money for Sunderland. They could easily find those players with decent scouting or loans from Premier League clubs.

They spent double that on Grigg which would suggest there’s an issue with their transfer policy and scouting. It’d take something to find two players like that for £4m too.

True, but if they have new owners coming in that can change. I'm just saying its easy to compete in the Championship without having to just spend loads of money.

I watched them last night and they are really poor, if they go up its going to take a lot of investment just to stay in the league never mind challenge for promotion.

Teams don't need a lot of investment to get out of the Championship. You just have to look at Norwich and Sheffield United who have put a squad together full of bargain buys, loans, free transfers and academy players. Sunderland could do the same its just a question if they have people behind the scenes clever enough to buy smartly.

Norwich have been supported by a great academy producing lots of talent, some sold on, some still with the club. Sunderland don't have anything like that. The one player that could have been they sold. Sheff Utd are an exception rather than the rule. Great management have sprung them up, again something they don't have.

Sunderland don't have any Championship quality players. They'll have to bring in 15 players just to survive, and with no money to spend that's going to be hugely difficult.

I didn't say they have any of the things Norwich and Sheffield United have that got them promoted just that spending big is not only way to get out of the Championship. However, with proper long term planning they could. I don't believe they need 15 players either just to survive that would probably harm them more than help them trying to gel that amount of players together. They can still put a decent squad together with bargain buys, loans from Premier League clubs and free transfers.

We could win the Premier league as well because Leicester did it. Chances of it happening is very slim, to a point its not worth mentioning. They are more likely to exit the championship the other way, and that will be the case for a few years, even if they do get their shit together.

Every year that passes their ability to get back up diminishes. 20/21 will see Sheff Utd back in the Championship £100m richer. Cardiff, Huddersfield & Fulham this year with decent squads already and a monetary advantage, only those who've been recently relegated can enjoy. And there are quite a few of them. Stoke, Villa, WBA, Boro and Swansea. Then there are clubs (Derby, Leeds, forest, Sheff Wed, Hull & Brentford) who have a large fan base/decent side and right now are in a better position to go up.

I've seen them a fair few times this season. Even removing technical quality they lack in just about every department. No pace, no height, no strength and mentally weak. IF they don't buy a whole new team they'll struggle to stay up imo. I don't think buying a whole new squad with have a negative impact, like i say, they are mentally weak, very little togetherness and completely League One in quality. The squad isn't gelled now, so they've nothing to lose by over hauling.

No way the logic of "not having to spend a lot" applies there.

They're atrocious at every level of the club and there is no easy solution even if they were promoted. They don't have two pennies to rub together and their academy has been set back years through cuts.

And where on earth are any new owners coming from?  When he gave the club away 12 months ago, Short could find no better interested party than a non-league chancer and a serial bullshitter. They're even less likely to attract serious people now.

Cattermole, Grigg etc will continue to bleed off any incomes while they see their time out, and as long as the chancers running them continue making decisions like paying Grigg a relative fortune instead of spending a fraction of that keeping Mata, and going full tilt at tin pot trophies to try and make a few bob extra then they're going nowhere.

Guest covmag

Imagine the mackems losing in the playoffs then Rafa signs on.

That would kill and end the bitter bastards for good  :lol:

Nah...one thing they are good at is spinning a disaster to make it sound like a good thing.

Enjoyed division 3 , we need another season of it in truth.

Rafa will take them nowhere, FSW FTM

you just know the shit they spout.

True!

I'm just trying to imagine the way they would be carrying on if our positions were swapped. Imagine how they would be going on if it was them in the PL whilst we languish in league 1, they had Rafa as manager whilst we had Jack Ross, they had a full stadium whilst ours was half empty, they had been to Milan and Barcelona in the CL whilst we got giddy about the checkatrade, Lee Barry Cattermole  :lol: was our star player etc etc etc

Yet they are in that state and clearly vastly inferior to Newcastle in every way yet think they are better somehow. If they just knew their place in the football landscape like Boro they wouldn't ever bother me. They are just so fucking bitter

Imagine the mackems losing in the playoffs then Rafa signs on.

That would kill and end the bitter bastards for good  :lol:

Nah...one thing they are good at is spinning a disaster to make it sound like a good thing.

Enjoyed division 3 , we need another season of it in truth.

Rafa will take them nowhere, FSW FTM

you just know the shit they spout.

Saying it and believing it are completely different. We all know what they’ll say if Rafa stays but deep down they’ll be gutted

Guest covmag

True!

I'm just trying to imagine the way they would be carrying on if our positions were swapped. Imagine how they would be going on if it was them in the PL whilst we languish in league 1, they had Rafa as manager whilst we had Jack Ross, they had a full stadium whilst ours was half empty, they had been to Milan and Barcelona in the CL whilst we got giddy about the checkatrade, Lee Barry Cattermole  :lol: was our star player etc etc etc

Yet they are in that state and clearly vastly inferior to Newcastle in every way yet think they are better somehow. If they just knew their place in the football landscape like Boro they wouldn't ever bother me. They are just so fucking bitter

The bitterness in post #27 from the fucking person running that shit show sums the weird self obsessed cunts up for who they are, they truly are thick as mince , every fucking last one of them.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/not-obsessed-oh-no.1473112/page-2

True!

The bitterness in post #27 from the fucking person running that shit show sums the weird self obsessed cunts up for who they are, they truly are thick as mince , every fucking last one of them.

The bitterness and complete bullshit in that thread is actually canny funny to be honest. Poor little fuckers.

Guest godzilla

True!

Yet they are in that state and clearly vastly inferior to Newcastle in every way yet think they are better somehow. If they just knew their place in the football landscape like Boro they wouldn't ever bother me. They are just so f***ing bitter

The bitterness in post #27 from the f***ing person running that s*** show sums the weird self obsessed c***s up for who they are, they truly are thick as mince , every f***ing last one of them.

He is one of the bitter ones, with the hideous janey, keyboard warrior Reiver, psycho Dangermows and Daffy (or I should say Dafty).

So bitter man.

Love how one of the nonces is claiming Almiron is a flop.

16 points from a possible 27 when Almiron started, Perez scoring and playing well - helped by the space Almiron creates for other

players.

:lol: :lol:

Like Benitez, what hurts them even more than them not being English, is that we don’t hate them for that and don’t hate them for not winning/scoring every game. We’ve accepted their flaws and support them regardless. Them being paid also rankles intensively.

It’s no coincidence their club legends are all English hatchet men. Bally, Ordy, McCann, Lord Lee Barry of Durham and the absolute perfection that was Dean WHITEHEAD who combined both all their loves.

I like this board, because we can debate, and have meaningful arguments/discussions.

Might not always agree with each other, but mostly we can see each other points.

RTG is just a cesspool of utter bitterness towards us like. Just loads of shit-posting. Deluded weirdos.  :lol: :lol:

I’m still baffled they have match threads for us spitting pure bile all game. When someone linked the Fulham one full of pure bitter none sense all liking each other’s posts I couldn’t believe it. Two divisions below and they’re still minute by minute following our games. Do other fans forums do it to that level?

I’m still baffled they have match threads for us spitting pure bile all game. When someone linked the Fulham one full of pure bitter none sense all liking each other’s posts I couldn’t believe it. Two divisions below and they’re still minute by minute following our games. Do other fans forums do it to that level?

It's pretty weird like.