Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

But it's not over with, is it?

Yes it is, Rafa Benitez does not manage Newcastle United anymore. No point twisting about it. Just twist about Bruce, Joelinton and Shelvey & Ritchie's new contracts instead - that's current.

What's stopping you twisting on about all of them? Rafa and Keegan were representative of the fans ambition and belief that we deserve a club that aims high. Both of them should be remembered for as long as Ashley and his pet poodles are still here.

"What's stopping you twisting on about all of them?" - Becuase I dont want to.

"Rafa and Keegan were representative of the fans ambition and belief that we deserve a club that aims high." - Yes they were - as mentioned in my previous post: "Benitez just falls in line with Shearer and Keegan who were mistreat by the club." I'm not going to keep crying on about them either.

Up to you lot like if you wanna have a yearly cry/twist/moan over Benitez on his anniversary. Each to their own.

Date Registered:Tuesday 3 March 2020, 02:44:28 PM

If you are new, wind your neck in man.  You're not new though.

Im new. Lurked a while before signing up.

I liked Benitez, I wanted Benitez to stay, I was gutted at the time when he left. Im not going to be crying over it though, whats the problem with that>

Feel sorry for those that still aren't unhappy and aggrieved by what happened with Rafa. The calibre of the man is unparalleled in football and you won't be seeing a coach of his quality lowering themselves to rescue us from the s*** ever again.

I intend to stay angry about it for a very long time tbph.

Aye its annoying but not worth having a yearly cry over.

It is worth a daily rage flash though. The man has taken your football team from you mate, get fucking angry about it.

Feel sorry for those that still aren't unhappy and aggrieved by what happened with Rafa. The calibre of the man is unparalleled in football and you won't be seeing a coach of his quality lowering themselves to rescue us from the s*** ever again.

I intend to stay angry about it for a very long time tbph.

Aye its annoying but not worth having a yearly cry over.

It is worth a daily rage flash though. The man has taken your football team from you mate, get fucking angry about it.

I appreciate when you're coming from pal, but tbh.. he had taken it years before RB was appointed. More of just an empty "for fucks sake" feeling now whenever Ashley puts his foot in it.

Why not both?

Because I dont want to

Your choice. Someone needs to twist on about it because sure as hell 55000 odd in the stadium aren’t on matchdays and nowts gonna change if no noise is made about it.

Tbf it's very typical of us as a fan-base trying to prove how unrivalled and amazing our support is. Get shat on by the owner, let a world class manager go and all our best players, don't replace them. "ah whey nobody's bigger than the club. Stop crying snowflakes, you've got to keep going to support the team not the regime"*

*proceeds to go and boo every display of shit football caused by said factors, thus actually not supporting the team, and instead supporting the regime.

Why not both?

Because I dont want to

Your choice. Someone needs to twist on about it because sure as hell 55000 odd in the stadium aren’t on matchdays and nowts gonna change if no noise is made about it.

Twist on about what, benitez or the current ownership?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:lol:

If this takeover happens (which it won't) I'd love Rafa back and pay whatever extortionate amount of money it is for my old ST seat and come back up from uni every game. I adore the man and think he's a perfect fit for us. But there's a part of me that wants us to have a completely fresh start if we're taken over. Probably getting into cuckoo delewded jawdee territory here, but either Allegri or Pochettino I'd happily take perhaps even at the expense of Rafa coming back.

Not that its gonna happen like.

:lol:

If this takeover happens (which it won't) I'd love Rafa back and pay whatever extortionate amount of money it is for my old ST seat and come back up from uni every game. I adore the man and think he's a perfect fit for us. But there's a part of me that wants us to have a completely fresh start if we're taken over. Probably getting into cuckoo delewded jawdee territory here, but either Allegri or Pochettino I'd happily take perhaps even at the expense of Rafa coming back.

Not that its gonna happen like.

Any of us who think we'll get our old seats, or any other seats for that matter, back is living in cloud cuckoo land. Those who refused to boycott are the ones who will benefit from a change of ownership, not us.

Guest neesy111

Fine by me, plenty places I'd rather be than surrounded by hypocrites and idiots screaming at some elite ball playing centre half to hoof it up the pitch.

This would be such a tough one as I'm a big advocate of the idea that going back is never quite the same so it should never be done. As much as the man means everything to me, when KK returned, it didn't get me as excited as it probably should have.

I suppose the one thing is, Rafa would probably see himself as having unfinished business here. His is a different situation to KK's.

If you want someone to rebuild a club from the bottom up and make it compete for honours, I cant think of anyone better than Rafa Benitez.

It has to be him.

This would be such a tough one as I'm a big advocate of the idea that going back is never quite the same so it should never be done. As much as the man means everything to me, when KK returned, it didn't get me as excited as it probably should have.

I suppose the one thing is, Rafa would probably see himself as having unfinished business here. His is a different situation to KK's.

If this season is null and void then we can literally erase Brucie from the history books and bring Rafa back as if he never left