Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Are Leganes given an opportunity to replace?

No, and this is why I said it stinks.  Leganes are 2 points from safety, this could send them down.

"We want to raise our voice. We are in a situation of enormous and serious damage. We cannot understand the current regulation that a club, having a long-term injury, can perform this operation unilaterally and transfer its problem to the club.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1244939/Barcelona-Martin-Braithwaite-Transfer-Leganes-News-Rumours-Gossip

I think the rule is fine but they shouldn't be allowed to activate a clause and sign the player without agreement from the selling club.

They should render the clauses obsolete in the event that rule is enacted.

General release clauses in Spain are mandatory by law though - hence the reason even the likes of Messi and Ronaldo had them, just set at laughably high amounts (although Barcelona learnt the hard way with Neymar that what might seem to be a "safe" figure to set it at presently can quickly change)

Are Leganes given an opportunity to replace?

No, and this is why I said it stinks.  Leganes are 2 points from safety, this could send them down.

"We want to raise our voice. We are in a situation of enormous and serious damage. We cannot understand the current regulation that a club, having a long-term injury, can perform this operation unilaterally and transfer its problem to the club.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1244939/Barcelona-Martin-Braithwaite-Transfer-Leganes-News-Rumours-Gossip

Yep it’s absolutely shite tbh.

General release clauses in Spain are mandatory by law though - hence the reason even the likes of Messi and Ronaldo had them, just set at laughably high amounts (although Barcelona learnt the hard way with Neymar that what might seem to be a "safe" figure to set it at presently can quickly change)

This has happened a few times in Spain where a club has been caught out setting a release clause too low - I never understand why a Spanish club doesn't just adopt a policy of setting all of its release clauses at a minimum 200 million to avoid any risk.

What a joke of a league :lol:

So the top team in the league that is currently in 1st place, can just go and take the top scorer of a team, which is in danger of being relegated, outside of the transfer window, because they have injuries? Without the lower club agreeing to it?! :lol:

Despite the fact Barcelona still have their top 2 goal scorers fit and healthy, and have one of the best academies of young players. So there is no one at all that could potentially come up to the first team as a fill in?

Can't even believe that is allowed. Incredibly tacky stuff.

• 2 months later...
Guest neesy111

He wants to leave and is out of contract in 2021.  I agree, he's a very very good player.