Fabian Schär

Saw the most sensible post on RTG talking about this. A head injury should be a free substitution.

That's actually a good idea.

But maybe some shady managers would ask one of their players whom they intend to sub to go down feigning a head injury to get a free pass and thus potentially gain an unfair advantage with 4 fresh players.

Saw the most sensible post on RTG talking about this. A head injury should be a free substitution.

But maybe some shady managers would ask one of their players whom they intend to sub to go down feigning a head injury to get a free pass and thus potentially gain an unfair advantage with 4 fresh players.

The decision would have to be made by a doctor.

w2b3SeU.jpg

Nothing stopping the player pretending he has a head injury though.

A neurologist will be able to tell the difference.

And missing 10 days because of faking it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvcFUJOnuIk/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

As you probably know, tomorrow I will not be allowed to play against Denmark. I really wanted to play and, as always, give everything to the team and Switzerland, but unfortunately this time the decision is not in my hands, but was imposed on me by FIFA for health reasons. In the game against Georgia I was unconscious for a short time after a collision. Anyone who knows me knows how I feel and how much I would like to play.

Of course I keep my fingers crossed for the team and I'm convinced that we will make a good game.

• 3 weeks later...