The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Thought Klopp didn't have a winner's mentality. Or is it Pochettino? I can't keep up. Suppose we'll find out on June 1st cos they can't both have one.

Well quite.

We will :snod:

Pochettino has lost like 17 times this season with a lineup that cost on average £300million.

“Miracle” worker though :rolleyes:

Got Spurs to a CL final.

And it's hot shit anyway. Cba to find their most appeared XI but the strongest is arguably:

Lloris - 12m

Sanchez - 42m

Alderweireld - 11.5m

Vertonghen - 12m

Trippier - 3.5m

Sissoko - 30m

Eriksen - 11m

Rose - 1m

Son - 22m

Kane - Nowt

Alli - 5m

Total - £150m

Even if you add in Lucas (22m), Lamela (25m) and Aurier (22.5m) for their 3 cheapest players it's still wildly inaccurate. Maybe he's stuffing 50's into the players kegs but that'd be a lot of notes.

They'll never win the title with Sarri. They want someone with a winner's mentality. Allegri would do well there. Italians do well there.

Well they aren't going to win a title till Pep/Klopp are gone anyway. I don't see why Sarri definitely won't win a title there anyway compared to others. People go on about him not winning stuff like he's been managing Inter, Juve and Milan for the last 20 years. He had one chance at Napoli where he was already massively overachieving by budget and he was responsible for basically the only year where Juve were actually put under pressure to win the league

Sarri is also Italian :lol:

there's almost certainly a reason for this no?  given the turnover of managers at italian clubs wonder why he was never given a decent shot at anything until napoli

Because he wasn’t a player and had to work his way up from nowhere basically. Even Napoli taking a chance on him was seen as a massive gamble at the time

Thought Klopp didn't have a winner's mentality. Or is it Pochettino? I can't keep up. Suppose we'll find out on June 1st cos they can't both have one.

Well quite.

Pochettino has lost like 17 times this season with a lineup that cost on average £300million.

Got Spurs to a CL final.

Even if you add in Lucas (22m), Lamela (25m) and Aurier (22.5m) for their 3 cheapest players.

Imagine spending that much on his bench and thinking he’s working a “Miracle” :laugh:

He got a £42million centre half :lol:

How does that man get 4th and win nothing what a ”Miracle” worker.

Lost 17 games this season with a squad that cost over £300million “Best £ for £ manager in the league” though :doh:

Conte to succeed him? Can't think of many others. Also no idea where Allegri will go next unless he has a bit of a break.

Man Utd.

If they had any sense they'd go for him. But Ole's at the wheel, he knows the club and knows what the fans want.

Serie A will be interesting next season if Inter get Conte, Milan get Sarri and Juve get Deschamps or someone like that

Plus you have Roma needing a coach too

Roma did go for Conte - but all likely he 'should' be going to Inter (the old Juve technical director is with Inter now who Conte trusts) - However if Inter get rid of their current manager they will need to payout £28m to him and his team (unless Spalletti goes elsewhere - say AC Milan or Roma)

Conte to Inter conformed

Well quite.

Got Spurs to a CL final.

Even if you add in Lucas (22m), Lamela (25m) and Aurier (22.5m) for their 3 cheapest players.

Imagine spending that much on his bench and thinking he’s working a “Miracle” :laugh:

Lost 17 games this season with a squad that cost over £300million “Best £ for £ manager in the league” though :doh:

Divorcing his results and spending from context? Check

Factual inaccuracies? Check

Take an extreme comment and widely apply it? Check

Sound the WUM klaxon!

Wonder if Juve will go for someone like the Atalanta manager or a 'big name'.

Think they'll have to go for someone "proven" to some extent or they'll take the risk of wasting Cristy's last few good years

Said a few months ago Zidane should have just waited for the Juve job :hmm:

Shame it didn’t happen.

I reckon Poch should try jump ship to Juventus in the Summer will surely look bad if he goes another 15 years without a trophy with that squad at Spurs.

Probably not :lol:

Well quite.

Got Spurs to a CL final.

Divorcing his results and spending from context? Check

Factual inaccuracies? Check

Take an extreme comment and widely apply it? Check

Sound the WUM klaxon!

Aye the centre half cost 50p sorry.

Well done Poch you miracle worker :clap:

Well quite.

Got Spurs to a CL final.

And it's hot shit anyway. Cba to find their most appeared XI but the strongest is arguably:

Lloris - 12m

Sanchez - 42m

Alderweireld - 11.5m

Vertonghen - 12m

Trippier - 3.5m

Sissoko - 30m

Eriksen - 11m

Rose - 1m

Son - 22m

Kane - Nowt

Alli - 5m

Total - £150m

Even if you add in Lucas (22m), Lamela (25m) and Aurier (22.5m) for their 3 cheapest players it's still wildly inaccurate. Maybe he's stuffing 50's into the players kegs but that'd be a lot of notes.

It also ignores the biggest problem - up till now we've been completely unable to compete on wages for the top or even second tier players. Every good player who is available for transfer knows there's five teams in the UK alone that will offer appreciably more money. You end up having to pay comparable transfer fees for lesser players and hoping that you can improve them enough to compete. We get Davinson Sanchez and Foyth, West Ham get Issa Diop - all good young centre-backs, but we're just hoping that they develop. Liverpool got Van Dijk, Man City got Laporte - finished articles.

Serie A will be interesting next season if Inter get Conte, Milan get Sarri and Juve get Deschamps or someone like that

I mean i like the positivity, but let's be honest Juventus will run through the league as usual.

Aye even trophyless Pochettino would win the Title with Juventus :lol:

I mean i like the positivity, but let's be honest Juventus will run through the league as usual.

How do you think Keegan did at Newcastle?

How do you think Keegan did at Newcastle?

I think giving my thoughts on Keegan would probably start a petition for me to get banned :lol:

Keegan isn’t my type of manager he wouldn’t be successful at the top level of modern football.

Probably would only be a success in the Championship bit like Eddie Howe.

:lol: :anguish: Weirdly obsessed with the abilities of football managers yet doesn't rate the best one in our recent history, who completely transformed our club and had us playing some of the best football in Europe, becoming one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

Cheers, I've seen enough.  Think most have.