The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

TDC is happy to get us started here:

Bale's been much better since AVB told him to not bother tracking back. I'm serious btw. I remember Vertoghnen getting raped again and again at City I think. 2 players all the time. Most of the time it worked a treat.

R. Madrid do the same with Cronaldo. They won't work in the same team like.

I agree with him completely, Ronaldo and Bale won't work.

Especially when you consider both of Madrid's fullbacks are ridiculously attacking and very poor defensively.

Having two people starting from a wide position and floating about not contributing anything defensively would be a disaster.

Which is why i don't understand the move it doesn't make any sense from a balance point of view and would f*ck up the system Ancelotti is trying to build.

Shola was at one point a premier league quality striker and is still capable of playing a role in our squad now. He also dosn't deserve the abuse he gets, as one of the main reasons he is so slow and immobile now is because he played through a serious hip injury for the sake of the club and after all he dosn't pick himself.

Especially when you consider both of Madrid's fullbacks are ridiculously attacking and very poor defensively.

Having two people starting from a wide position and floating about not contributing anything defensively would be a disaster.

Which is why i don't understand the move it doesn't make any sense from a balance point of view and would f*ck up the system Ancelotti is trying to build.

would real madrid consider using ronaldo in a withdrawn no.9 like messi ? (i'm sure ronaldo played through the middle sometimes at man utd)

would real madrid consider using ronaldo in a withdrawn no.9 like messi ? (i'm sure ronaldo played through the middle sometimes at man utd)

Perhaps but i'm not sure it suits him all that well, Ronaldo needs a lot more space to thrive in than Messi does and on top of that it would restrict the likes of Ozil as he would be taking up the space he would usually vacate.

Good luck to Ancelotti if they get Bale anyway, to me that is just one massive tactical clusterfuck.

Guest bimpy474

Barcelona are boring as fuck.

That's actually quite trendy now, despite being completely wrong.

I must have a word with my eyes and brain, for they are telling me lies. That and i haven't missed a game of theirs for nearly 4 years (well every one shown on the TV).

Guest bimpy474

The unpopular football opinion thread ?

I'll give this another go.

Ian W is a very knowledgeable poster and not in the least a spaz.

Fabregas is extremely overrated. Immense talent, but has no real desire. Bottler of the highest order.

absolutely fantastic when at arsenal, moved up and didn't make it. be very intersting if he has any desire when,if he moves on.