Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-transfer-news-live-16440740

Report - Joselu nears move

According to Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo, Joselu is close to completing his move to Alaves with only ‘legal issues’ holding the deal up.

It was understood that Benitez was ready to sell the striker back in January to a Chinese club for close to £10 million but was not convinced he would get a replacement.

This deal to Alaves is thought to be worth around £1.5 million.

I think if NUFC were offered nearly £10m for Joselu last January he would have been sold. I doubt Rafa would have blocked the transfer even if a replacement wasn't guaranteed. That would have been a near £5m profit.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-transfer-news-live-16440740

According to Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo, Joselu is close to completing his move to Alaves with only ‘legal issues’ holding the deal up.

It was understood that Benitez was ready to sell the striker back in January to a Chinese club for close to £10 million but was not convinced he would get a replacement.

I think if NUFC were offered nearly £10m for Joselu last January he would have been sold. I doubt Rafa would have blocked the transfer even if a replacement wasn't guaranteed. That would have been a near £5m profit.

Frankly don't believe it would have been £10m. For every foreign player signed into China now, the club has to match the amount paid to the Chinese FA in order to help develop more Chinese players - so if they'd paid £10m their actual cost would have been £20m.

£20m for Joselu.  :idiot2:

Frankly don't believe it would have been £10m. For every foreign player signed into China now, the club has to match the amount paid to the Chinese FA in order to help develop more Chinese players - so if they'd paid £10m their actual cost would have been £20m.

£20m for Joselu.  :idiot2:

Scunny turned down £4m for a Dutch striker none of you will have heard of from a Chinese team. Of course £10m is realistic.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chopey

FUCK THAT!!!!!

I don't mind losing Rafa and Perez but if this gladiator goes I'm seriously considering not renewing in a couple of years