England

Yorkie

From my understanding of VAR, the purpose was to correct clear and obvious errors. Lingard being a millimetre offside, according to a derived line dependent on the TV angle is not a clear and obvious error imo, especially given that it would be impossible for the naked human eye to detect. Are we even sure that the technique being used to discern these sorts of marginal offsides decisions is correct in the same way that goal line technology or the hawkeye system in tennis are? I do not see how it could be possible. In theory you would need a directly overhead angle and there is no fixed line or object to use as reference for offsides.

The NFL has had replay for decades it is still only used for egregious errors generally. Football has had VAR for two years or so and we are already reviewing at finer margins. I am not sure it makes sense.

:thup:

It has to be the proximity to the Champions League that stopped us from winning this thing.

In 2008 when Spain won the Euros, it was an all English final.

2010 when Spain won it was a German Italian final

2012 Spain won and it was a German english final

2014 all Spanish final and Spain got knocked out in the group stage

That’s my hypothesis.

van Dijk and Wijnaldum seemed to manage fine.

They did but also them been better than anything we have in them positions helps

Man wijnaldum is so underrated, easily the best player all round we have had in the last 10 years

He was awful for half the season, Rafa dropped him for the important games near the end

I've watched Wijnaldum in Liverpool's team for the past two years and still have no idea what he does.

He kind of just floats around. He seems to run away from the ball. He doesn't tackle. He barely touches the ball. He does pop up in the box any time they attack but he's far different from the player we had. There was a moment in the Barca game where he faked out three players and crowd went "oooohhhh" and I was thinking "that's the player we had". Yes he's winning things and all that but it's not the same Georginho Wijnaldum we had.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

He keeps the ball so well and rarely gives it away. Can't think of much else, mind :lol:

I've watched Wijnaldum in Liverpool's team for the past two years and still have no idea what he does.

He kind of just floats around. He seems to run away from the ball. He doesn't tackle. He barely touches the ball. He does pop up in the box any time they attack but he's far different from the player we had. There was a moment in the Barca game where he faked out three players and crowd went "oooohhhh" and I was thinking "that's the player we had". Yes he's winning things and all that but it's not the same Georginho Wijnaldum we had.

What do you think he did for us? :lol: That's basically the exact same as we had

Wijnaldum is less effective in the team that doesnt have much of the ball. He was totally anonymous for us at times because we tried to hit teams on the break and didnt have a great deal of possesion. Having played for PSV and Feyenoord before us, its understandable that he didnt adapt well to playing for an inferior team against better opposition.

Not heard owt. Know they’re playing at St Mary’s soonish.

Patriots down the road will be fewmin as they could’ve shown the Montenegrins their chicken dance in a lesson on how to do racism English style.