Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Really?

Yeah, but I've never really believed in the relegationometer. :lol: It's a yes or no question for me, will we go down or won't we. I have absolutely no doubt at all that we'll stay up so I'm therefore a zero. I think I argue this every season which is thoroughly tedious for everyone I'm sure.

Anyway, the squad has a strong mentality, lots of talent and - assuming Dubravka makes it back in good time - no aching deficiencies where the player occupying a position literally isn't capable of playing in this division. We actually had that last season at CF, yet still survived comfortably. And manager-wise, Bruce is Pardew, not McClaren. We'll be absolutely fine.

Might change my vote if ASM, Dubravka and Wilson all break their legs.

Fair enough.

Just feel like we were lucky to an absolutely ridiculous extent last season to stay up, especially as comfortable as it was. We should have been relegated quite comfortably without that luck, and I just don't think the signings are quite good enough to offset that.

Looking at some of the squads in the bottom 10, I think we could finish higher than I thought. Still a couple of weak areas squadwise but as long as Bruce doesn’t fuck it up completely there should be enough talent to finish 11-13th. There’s the ‘big 6’, Wolves, Leicester & Everton. Could finish near the top of the rest. Again, just annoying we couldn’t have swayed Rafa or another good manager instead of Bruce because top 10 would have been a realistic target rather than hoping to sneak in if Bruce doesn’t do as bad as we think.

I voted zero, I think the bookies have got this badly wrong with us still 3-1 to be relegated. The three signings guaranteed survival for me and if Bruce learns to manage fitness/injury levels better with a bigger squad of eligible players I honestly think mid-table is on the cards.

11th or10th a real possibility*.

*subject to revision after a few more games.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Burnley can’t have much of a chance this season.

Why not?

Off field problems with cash flow, Dyce unhappy, poor squad to begin with etc.

He’ll do incredibly well to keep them up this year.

Early days, but safe to say that WBA, Fulham, Newcastle and Burnley (edit: and West Ham) will be fighting for survival for a long time this season, if not until the end of it.

Other likely contenders will be Villa, Southampton and an outsider that I think will struggle (at least compared to last season) is Sheffield United.

Going from 6 to 8.

Had some early optimism after West Ham, but Brighton really hammered home that we still have Steve Bruce at the helm and can only hope others are worse than we are this season. We won't nick results against top teams this season, top ten teams have strengthened considerably and probably 14 of 19 teams will tear us to shreds. In amongst the shit we'll be!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Didn't Burnley start off terribly last season ad well?

Would love to see them finally relegated, their football is terrible and seemingly just getting worse and worse.

Yeah they did.

Guest neesy111

I think Burnley are in big trouble this season like

They are but they'll some how flunk some wins against teams who don't like their approach.