Emil Krafth

Nobody

Guest reefatoon

If Nickson recommended him, then he needs to fuck off sharpish too when we are taken over. If Emil Krafth has been floating his boat since 2014 then he is obviously fucking terrible at his job.

sure Krafth was a Brewcie pick.

Sure. But was scouted for 5 years before Bruce was appointed, but yeah, Bruce probably gave his ok to the deal. Bruce convinced Lee Charnley to spend some extra millions on him.

Guest Carrick18

I heard a funny old rumour about the signing of Krafth. Essentially a good portion of the club's recruitment is done via agents or recruitment companies, which is not that strange in football. That said, we basically went out and asked for a right-back over 5ft 10 who was cheap, and Krafth was the name that came back. A friend who works in that field said his company was one that got the brief, and they suggested a few better options that were a few million more expensive.

He also couldn't fathom why we'd actually signed Krafth as every major metric had him as a very poor full-back when translated to 'Premier League standard'.

I heard a funny old rumour about the signing of Krafth. Essentially a good portion of the club's recruitment is done via agents or recruitment companies, which is not that strange in football. That said, we basically went out and asked for a right-back over 5ft 10 who was cheap, and Krafth was the name that came back. A friend who works in that field said his company was one that got the brief, and they suggested a few better options that were a few million more expensive.

He also couldn't fathom why we'd actually signed Krafth as every major metric had him as a very poor full-back when translated to 'Premier League standard'.

That’s not true though.

That’s not true though.

Which bit?

That’s not true though.

Which bit?

Recruited via a company/agent.

Guest Carrick18

They definitely sent that brief out to companies and agents. Whether they sourced Krafth themselves I don't know, but he was adamant that them signing him fit the description they were given.

They definitely sent that brief out to companies and agents. Whether they sourced Krafth themselves I don't know, but he was adamant that them signing him fit the description they were given.

I doubt that.

Steve Nickson has scouted him since 2014. Emil Krafth has said he knew about the club’s interest and that they have been scouting him for the last 2-3 years.

It is a Nickson signing. Nickson highly recomended him to Steve Bruce (who then convinced Lee Charnley to spend some extra millions on him).

Guest Carrick18

The truth is likely in the middle then.

Nickson had his man, the club tried to look at other options too and then settled on Krafth.

Guest reefatoon

The truth is likely in the middle then.

Nickson had his man, the club tried to look at other options too and then settled on Krafth.

The club didn’t try anything. They looked at the list and bought the cheapest one

The thing is, I reckon under Benitez while he may not have been much better, he’d have been better. Either in terms of coaching, positioning, holding shape, etc.

What, like Benitez improved Lazaar you mean? Absolute rubbish mate, both your opinion and the pair of them.

• 7 months later...