Federico Fernández (now playing for Elche)

sempuki

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/03/2020 at 09:20, samptime29 said:

One year extension signed.

Did this actually ever happen?

Everywhere is talking about him walking away for free next month.

That we would even consider not doing a one year renewal is complete madness. Arguably our best defender.

6 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Did this actually ever happen?

Everywhere is talking about him walking away for free next month.

That we would even consider not doing a one year renewal is complete madness. Arguably our best defender.

That post was in 2020

I don't know much about Ajer, but it would be a massive mistake to let Fernandez leave, unless he's set on it. He's one of the leaders at the club, and a pretty fine defender. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I just can't get my head around why some of these lads don't fancy staying to fight relegation for the 5th season on the spin.

A guaranteed PL wage > absolutely everything else. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

What is going on with him, just can't understand how he isn't anywhere to be seen considering how shit we are at the back. If he isn't involved on Tuesday then surely the club need to let us know what's happened behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, rickyprickles said:

Was he the mole and they found out possibly? 

That had crossed my mind also tbh. We need him though so why not just brush it under the carpet and get rid in January.

I remember he shook hands witb Staveley and her husband thebfirst day they visited the training ground. So obviously he is still around but yeah he is a better defender than Krafth and Clarke so he should be the one replacing Lascelles on Tuesday.

maybe the handshake was a "hi, I'm fede. please sell me" move :lol:

I haven't heard anything good or bad about his training. At this point, after Bruce, he may have been disillusioned / unmotivated to the point of sabotaging his chances regardless with Howe? His constant exclusion is baffling.

Us all twisting our dicks into wonder why Fernandez isn't playing isn't going to get him playing sooner.

Might be a personal situation with Federico, he might need to take time away on for personal shit - hope not, but nobody knows.

The sooner that Fed and Schar play in the same defence the better!