Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Guest godzilla

Ignorediron, amirite?

Missed the match today. Did it happen again?

Yep except the worst culprit today was Diame.

Guest godzilla

Nice run to win the free kick for the goal

said that to my old man, him having that in his locker brings so much to the team overall it's mental how much difference he's made to us in such a short amount of time

Only thing we currently have is nobody in the side to make use of his pace, the only one really able to play the ball over the top is Shelvey and he's not in the team

said that to my old man, him having that in his locker brings so much to the team overall it's mental how much difference he's made to us in such a short amount of time

Only thing we currently have is nobody in the side to make use of his pace, the only one really able to play the ball over the top is Shelvey and he's not in the team

aye been saying the same, it's a problem in that it's a nice one to have

if we ever manage to exploit the quality and pace of his runs consistently he'll do some real damage

aye been saying the same, it's a problem in that it's a nice one to have

if we ever manage to exploit the quality and pace of his runs consistently he'll do some real damage

That combination has danger written all over it. When it happens it could be explosive. Like Gillespie and Asprilla vs Barca. Could happen against Arsenal.

As frustrating as it can be, I don't have a problem with him not always being given the ball. That would make us just as predictable as before, whereas his presence gives us that variety of options. He's been brilliant, but he hasn't really drawn too much attention to himself, which is good.

Was just thinking his obvious pace works as a double threat. Not only in behind as shown today and is per normal but also in forcing defences to drop deeper against us. This brings Rondy into play more as a penalty box striker whilst also affording Perez a lot more time and space in the holes around between the lines where he thrives.

Was just thinking his obvious pace works as a double threat. Not only in behind as shown today and is per normal but also in forcing defences to drop deeper against us. This brings Rondy into play more as a penalty box striker whilst also affording Perez a lot more time and space in the holes around between the lines where he thrives.

oxlsyMf.gif

Please don't even say it  :)

This kid has me looking forward to the next match in a way that nobody has for a while and in complete contrast to the beginning of the season.

It's not just his searing pace and getting the crowd off their seats when he breaks, but the way he's changed the general dynamic of the team to a much more offensively minded unit. Love watching him.

Love how in the Radio Newcastle commentary for the Bournemouth game they get excited when we're defending the corner and the ball breaks to him on the edge of our own box. Very few players who can drive 60 yards upfield with the ball from there to win a free kick on the edge of the opposition box.

Love how in the Radio Newcastle commentary for the Bournemouth game they get excited when we're defending the corner and the ball breaks to him on the edge of our own box. Very few players who can drive 60 yards upfield with the ball from there to win a free kick on the edge of the opposition box.

And despite the really strong wind he had the ball under perfect control, at high pace, from receiving it until fouled.

Ben Arfaesque.

That smile needs to be converted into a drug and hooked right into my veins.

Please don't even say it  :)

This kid has me looking forward to the next match in a way that nobody has for a while and in complete contrast to the beginning of the season.

It's not just his searing pace and getting the crowd off their seats when he breaks, but the way he's changed the general dynamic of the team to a much more offensively minded unit. Love watching him.

:thup: :D

Guest godzilla

Interesting what John Hall says about him in the B&W podcast along the lines that he is being played in a reserved role to bring the best out of Rondon and Perez. Think there is an element of truth in this. Got the impression though by his comments that I don't think Mr Hall thinks he is going to be a big success. Interesting podcast by the way if anyone listens to it.