Video Assistant Referees (VAR)

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good day for VAR.

My favourite bit was when Mings felt like he couldn't celebrate a goal until the guys in the office watched it in microscopic detail 14 times.

My favourite bit was when the linesman incorrectly ruled out Iheanacho's goal and then VAR overruled them and the goal was correctly rewarded with massive celebrations on the Leicester bench

Spoils celebrations though apparently.

Correct.

Good day for VAR.

My favourite bit was when Mings felt like he couldn't celebrate a goal until the guys in the office watched it in microscopic detail 14 times.

My favourite bit was when the linesman incorrectly ruled out Iheanacho's goal and then VAR overruled them and the goal was correctly rewarded with massive celebrations on the Leicester bench

Correct.

Certainly looked that way with the Leicester lot.

Good day for VAR.

Correct.

Love the sarcasm but the goal was ruled out during the game

So basically the Leicester lot would have been worse

Good day for VAR.

Correct.

Some f***ing thick people on this site

:serious:

But then VAR corrected it and they got to celebrate even more.

Good day for VAR.

Correct.

The point is they wouldn’t have celebrated

Good day for VAR.

Correct.

I don't know what you are on about tbh.

Good day for VAR.

Correct.

You said it spolied celebrations it didnt

Good day for VAR.

Correct.

You said it spolied celebrations it didnt

Iheanacho was already after doing a knee slide by the time he saw the flag

not sure about this offside thing with var.

flag goes up and its natural for the defending team to then just relax/switch off for a second.

linesman either just keeps his flag down or it needs to be scrapped for offside.

saying that tough, lmao at pickford.

Good day for VAR.

Yep

Good day for VAR.

Yep

Can you give me an example?

not sure about this offside thing with var.

flag goes up and its natural for the defending team to then just relax/switch off for a second.

linesman either just keeps his flag down or it needs to be scrapped for offside.

saying that tough, lmao at pickford.

"Play to the whistle", I've heard.

Good day for VAR.

Yep

Newcastle v Bournemouth

Good day for VAR.

Yep

Tyrone Mings against Man U

Also El Ghazi against Newcastle in Villa's previous match.

Human psychology is funny. I believe everyone is comfortable when we are talking about situations like Kelechi's on Sunday, reversing offside decisions that have given incorrectly for legitimate goals that are close calls (though this situation should not really exist if referees follow protocol). However, when a goal is taken away for a players boot being a centimetre offside based on the same "science", it feels like an injustice. The only way I can see it truly functioning properly is if we can remove linesman from the offside decisions entirely and have the referee communicating directly with VAR.

Good day for VAR.

Yep

Tyrone Mings against Man U

I meant the fans.

• 4 weeks later...