Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Also CB's are much better at stopping him than full backs.

CB's are stronger and taller and he doesn't stand a chance against them at the number 10 position.

Full backs are generally pacey players with high stamina who like to push high and leave space behind them. This is exactly what Saint maximin needs. Even if they double up on him out wide it means there is a space somewhere in the middle to exploit (if the players were coached well enough to spot it)

It's just piss poor management. I mean, really really bad.

Don't even get me started on the long high ball from deep to Wilson "because he can run fast"

The tactical use of him makes my eyes bleed. Oppo managers have clearly said right he gets the ball so deep that we can just foul him. Him trying to maradona 86 everyone everytime does not work. Put him high and wide where defenders are less likely to want to give away free kicks.

This.

If anyone is more suited to a no.10 role it’s Almiron.

I'm pretty sure this only came about because ASM scored that wonder goal running through the middle vs Burnley.

What Bruce failed to realise is ASM was still playing from the left that game and just went and found the space at the time. Just like he did coming from the right for his assist in the same game.

No point overthinking things though. Bruce doesn't do "Tactics" as he stated himself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any news what his situation is?

Well I heard a rumour 2-3 weeks ago he had a bust up with Bruce and stormed out of training. Hasn't played since then. Haven't even mentioned it as I thought nowt of it, your post just reminded me of it.