Manchester United 3-1 Newcastle United - 21/02/2021 - post match p21

Disco

That's a stonewall pen from Maguire. I didn't see it at the time. Ours was a pen too. Soft, but the rules are the rules these days. Any contact at all and it's given.

The game was definitely there for the taking. We were missing three of our best players/performers (Pogba, McTominay and Cavani), and the difference in attack was staggering. We are playing with ten men when Martial is on the pitch.

Almiron has pace for days and could have tortured Maguire if given the chance but instead always seemed to be up against our fastest players.

We didn't get into first gear in the end. Quite lucky to get away with a win.

Whoah when did I miss this change in the rules "any contact and its given" ? Those arent the rules.

Aye, utter shite as per usual from Froggy.

Should have been a booking for diving on Rashford, not a fucking penalty.

Nah. Haven't really seen anyone but people on here contest the decision. Zero protest from Willock which should tell you everything. He stamps on his foot.

Euyfpx0XIAMuxPQ?format=jpg&name=small

Not really a lot to argue with there aside from it being soft as fuck but that's the way the game is these days. Not denying Rashford doesn't dive in pathetic fashion either.

One of those ones where the attacker has to 'dive' to make the ref aware of the indisputable - but somewhat concealed - foul. Not as if Rashford could rely on VAR to make the right call.

I find it pathetic to be honest. He had the opportunity to bury it, but dives like a prat because he knows there's contact and he knows it'll be a pen. Martial did it recently as well. Clean through on goal 6-8 yards out and decided to dive instead of just putting the ball in the net. Hate the way the game has become.

One of those ones where the attacker has to 'dive' to make the ref aware of the indisputable - but somewhat concealed - foul. Not as if Rashford could rely on VAR to make the right call.

Willock should have gone in with an elbow to the face instead of his foot.  Would have been no pen then!

Watch the Maguire thing again, he doesn’t make contact with his elbow, he turns his body and shoulders Lascelles. If ASM hadn’t have scored it may have been picked up as a foul but it’s certainly not violent conduct.

Watch the Maguire thing again, he doesn’t make contact with his elbow, he turns his body and shoulders Lascelles. If ASM hadn’t have scored it may have been picked up as a foul but it’s certainly not violent conduct.

It was a separate incident to when ASM scored... was a minute or so earlier.

I also thought it was the same incident that led to the goal, but watching it on MOTD it was a bit earlier.

That's a stonewall pen from Maguire. I didn't see it at the time. Ours was a pen too. Soft, but the rules are the rules these days. Any contact at all and it's given.

The game was definitely there for the taking. We were missing three of our best players/performers (Pogba, McTominay and Cavani), and the difference in attack was staggering. We are playing with ten men when Martial is on the pitch.

Almiron has pace for days and could have tortured Maguire if given the chance but instead always seemed to be up against our fastest players.

We didn't get into first gear in the end. Quite lucky to get away with a win.

Whoah when did I miss this change in the rules "any contact and its given" ? Those arent the rules.

Aye, utter shite as per usual from Froggy.

Should have been a booking for diving on Rashford, not a fucking penalty.

Nah. Haven't really seen anyone but people on here contest the decision. Zero protest from Willock which should tell you everything. He stamps on his foot.

Euyfpx0XIAMuxPQ?format=jpg&name=small

Not really a lot to argue with there aside from it being soft as fuck but that's the way the game is these days. Not denying Rashford doesn't dive in pathetic fashion either.

Not arguing with the penalty but Willock's challenge is not a stamp like, Roy Keane stamped on Gareth Southgate, that's a stamp.

Really need someone to find that picture of Jenas now like.  Might just cheer me up for a few minutes.

Someone find it please. I could only find the picture Neesy posted. TK's further up the page is almost there, but it doesn't capture the hilarity of the actual miss.

Jenas looked uncomfortable against Jake Humphreys there when he began contesting his opinions (I don't think he was expecting it!). :lol: Imagine what playing against Roy Keane (intimidating enough, not necessarily that hard though) must have been for him!

No idea why he ever appeared on Question Time, btw. (same for Barton).

Does anyone think if that was us the ref would have given it, of course he wouldn't.

OK concede that's a penalty then Maguire playing Lascelles and not the ball is one too, and funnily enough the VAR ref said no. 

Of course he would. We played Sheffield United a few weeks ago and they had a goal stand and we had a goal ruled out. Both decisions against us which cost us 3 points and killed any momentum in a title challenge. It happens every team.

Does anyone think if that was us the ref would have given it, of course he wouldn't.

OK concede that's a penalty then Maguire playing Lascelles and not the ball is one too, and funnily enough the VAR ref said no. 

Of course he would. We played Sheffield United a few weeks ago and they had a goal stand and we had a goal ruled out. Both decisions against us which cost us 3 points and killed any momentum in a title challenge. It happens every team.

Us I'm talking about not any other team, you go back and look and we never get decisions against you at your place.