Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Class result that mind - Birtley's twitter man last night was good craic in the circumstances

Ha ha aye - tremendous craic!

Poor person doing it couldn't keep up  :lol:

My friend was there. Think he’s a friend of yours also Paully. Was very impressed with the standard and the club bar.

Went to the Ryton v Stockton game last night. 2-0 to Ryton. Stockton didn't have their first team out by any stretch but it was a case of Ryton taking their chances (and defending very resolutely), and Stockton not taking theirs (and the Ryton keeper having a blinder).

FA cup 3rd qualifying round today. Dunston v Colne, who are bringing a fair few up according to Dunstons twitter. Also said on there to take note that those fantastic journalists at the Chron had got it wrong by telling its readers they are away to Marine today. Small clubs like Dunston needing every penny they can get and those idiots are putting people off.

Blyth were knocked out yesterday, 4-2 at Hednesford with Callum Roberts bagging another two. Supporters aren't happy with Lee Clark and many seem to be accepting now of relegation. Roberts will surely be off to bigger and better things, soon.

Blyth were knocked out yesterday, 4-2 at Hednesford with Callum Roberts bagging another two. Supporters aren't happy with Lee Clark and many seem to be accepting now of relegation. Roberts will surely be off to bigger and better things, soon.

He's about to go / is already with Rotherham on trial at the moment I hear. Not surprising given his performances of late. Clear to see the lad is a higher level to Blyth.

Also went to Whitley Bay v Shildon yesterday. Classic NL game: end-to-end, penalty, sending off and plenty of committed challenges. Whitley Bay very unlucky not to get point from the game. Enjoyable day out.

Went to Hebburn 3-0 CLS in the League Cup - always looked comfortable.

South Shields also won again and are now 11 points clear!

Shocking that mind, what happened to the usual 13!?

Shields seem to be a bit stronger this season, plus they haven't had the rocky start they had last year. Long way to go though.

Shields seem to be a bit stronger this season, plus they haven't had the rocky start they had last year. Long way to go though.

Ha ha aye, SACK THE BOARD  :lol:

Yeah, they're flying - should go up this season!

Non-League Day on Saturday - Hebburn vs West Auckland for me!

Ha ha aye, SACK THE BOARD  :lol:

Yeah, they're flying - should go up this season!

Non-League Day on Saturday - Hebburn vs West Auckland for me!

3 teams go up this season as well which will help. Can see Stockton going up but think Hebburn will be in that 3

Took a curious look at Kenny Whartons Newcastle Blue Star yesterday. Nice day and just down the road from me.Won 7-0 v Seaton Delaval. Decent bar there. 'The Bobby Robson lounge'. Cheap food and drink and you can take your pints round the pitch. They've got plans for a new stand so the ground will be good enough for step 6 and able to host FA cup/vase games.

https://www.nbsfc2018.co.uk/post/newcastle-blue-star-football-club-ground-redevelopments

I live just up the road and didn't  even  realise they existed at their current home. They're at Scotswood sports centre, off Denton road. I'd passed and thought it looked like it had had a bit of an upgrade from the old Sunday league pitch it once was. I was actually in my local chippy and they'd  put some flyers on the tables. They seem to be trying to put the word out and attract people. Suppose they're  the only non league club in a fairly big catchment area of Newcastles' West end so we'll see how/if they progress.

couple of cracking midweek games

Heaton Stannington V Blyth

Ryton v South Shields

Over 500 at Grounsell tonight. Blyth full strength more or less and 2 up.

Finished 4-0 in the end. Blyth at Bedlington Terriers in the next round (towards the end of Jan) Might try and get myself along to that one. :)