Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

I watched Jarra vs Hebburn Town Reserves last night - good game and Jarra have made some cracking singings this summer and will be right up there. They rested most of their first XI and brought them on during the 2nd half as they're playing Hebburn Town tomorrow night at Hebburn Sports Ground!

Always been a fan of Jarra - the best pitch in NL2 (like a carpet), some excellent people behind the scenes and a good team on it. Fancy Hebburn Town Reserves to be in the reckoning again for the Wearside (and potentially get promoted to NL1). Mad that they're playing their first team tonight as well though!

It's unreal - I know a load of the lads who play for them and who play for Perth on a Sunday there and it's immaculate!

The likes of  Jimmy, Davie Bell etc do wonders there!

At the minute the NL don't accept reserve sides although they might have to once next season's restructure is complete.

Very true, though I'd imagine with Hebburn Town First Team most probably getting promoted this season (though I appreciate a ball hasn't been kicked yet so it's premature to say) and the restructure they'll most likely be in the reckoning to come up.

Yep - we were on about this last night!

I watched Jarra vs Hebburn Town Reserves last night - good game and Jarra have made some cracking singings this summer and will be right up there. They rested most of their first XI and brought them on during the 2nd half as they're playing Hebburn Town tomorrow night at Hebburn Sports Ground!

Always been a fan of Jarra - the best pitch in NL2 (like a carpet), some excellent people behind the scenes and a good team on it. Fancy Hebburn Town Reserves to be in the reckoning again for the Wearside (and potentially get promoted to NL1). Mad that they're playing their first team tonight as well though!

It's unreal - I know a load of the lads who play for them and who play for Perth on a Sunday there and it's immaculate!

The likes of  Jimmy, Davie Bell etc do wonders there!

Really do mate - to take them from the Wearside to the top end of the NL2 in the time they have is outstanding. Given the state of some of the Sunday pitches round the region it's madness Perth Green play on that on a Sunday - it's an absolute carpet!

There no way of bending it so they're Hebburn FC or something?

Believe other clubs around the country have done this and have been successful, but I think that would involve them becoming completely separate from the First Team (which doesn't seem to fit in with their strategy / blueprint). Guess it'll be another good opportunity to get some silverware and build on last season for the Reserves.

Dunston vs spenny tonight. £4 entry for adults. Should be a good game. Spenny have looked good the last 2-3 games

Saw Dunston managed to get a win last night which is an excellent result tbf - you manage to go / hear much about it?

Yeah I was there. Spennymoor had a few missing and took few off at half time.  Played a few out of position second half and had a trial keeper in goal both halves. However. Dunston looked very good at times. Especially the second half.  It was a good competitive game in fairness. Dunston deserved the win in the end. One of their players got what looked like a nasty injury too so hopefully he is fine

Sounds like the norm for pre season, though still a great result for Dunston all the same. Hope the lad is alright, always horrible to get injured before the official season has started. Fancy Dunston to do well this season, they've got a great squad there and have made some impressive changes to the ground - they look very well equipped for their first season at EvoStik.

Yeah I can see them doing well too. Spenny played someone else in the same league at the weekend and beat them 5-0 away iirc.  Dunston should be at the top end

I'm based in Blaydon area, who would be my local non League club? My daughter wants to have her first match at nufc but I can't bring myself to take her do gonna take her to a non League game instead

Dunston, Whickham? Ryton and Crawcrook albion maybe? Dunston play at the highest level of those 3. Do a few games there myself. You could probably both get in for about a tenner.

Ryton only get 2 men and a dog in, wouldn't bother with them.

Dunston, Whickham? Ryton and Crawcrook albion maybe? Dunston play at the highest level of those 3. Do a few games there myself. You could probably both get in for about a tenner.

Appreciate it, cheers

Me, my dad & brother normally do the home pre-season friendly as a day out as it’s all our birthdays within 9 days so make a day of it.

This Saturday we’re going to watch Hebburn v Ashington and go to dad’s house which is near the ground for a takeaway and drinks after instead.

Tuesday evening game for Bromley's first home match, they start away. Should be a lovely night, they've been looking very sharp in preseason.

This season is really going to be interesting, see to what extent I can really avoid the Premier League once it starts.

Me, my dad & brother normally do the home pre-season friendly as a day out as it’s all our birthdays within 9 days so make a day of it.

This Saturday we’re going to watch Hebburn v Ashington and go to dad’s house which is near the ground for a takeaway and drinks after instead.

I'll see you there then!

Last friendly tonight - Hebburn vs South Shields!

Great set up at Hebburn. There's a really comfy upstairs bar overlooking the pitch where you can sit watching the game through the window while you drink if you like.

The transformation in the last few years has been amazing! Brilliant work by the new owners!

Hebburn 3-4 South Shields - really good match - two awful defensive mistakes by Hebburn gifted South Shields a 2-0 lead after four minutes and it was always going to be a struggle from there! 855 there!

They don't get many in but they've got a far better squad this year than previous years and I'd back them to do well having seen them in pre-season. Friendly committee and always looking to increase attendances. Whickham as well are ones to watch as their team gels over the course of the season, and Dunston will be another exciting watch given they've kept the vast majority of their squad from last year (and strengthened) and they're at the Evo-Stik level for the first time. All good options.

They don't get many in but they've got a far better squad this year than previous years and I'd back them to do well having seen them in pre-season. Friendly committee and always looking to increase attendances. Whickham as well are ones to watch as their team gels over the course of the season, and Dunston will be another exciting watch given they've kept the vast majority of their squad from last year (and strengthened) and they're at the Evo-Stik level for the first time. All good options.

Postcode bias! Be interested to see how Dunston get on though given how easily Morpeth went up last year, you’d imagine they’d likely be in the realms of doing similar given how good they were last season.