Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Sounds good!

Do they have any plans on moving up the league pyramid or happy to stay in the Northern League?

Could be wrong. But I don’t think you have a choice now. I think if you win the NL you must take promotion. Unlike before when you had to apply etc.

Correct. Promotion is compulsory now.

I am inclined to agree with it. It's about time NL teams started participating in the pyramid. If enough of them go up and establish themselves then the new Evostik West will have a far more Northern feel to it than it currently does.

I am inclined to agree with it. It's about time NL teams started participating in the pyramid. If enough of them go up and establish themselves then the new Evostik West will have a far more Northern feel to it than it currently does.

I agree. No point in playing the game if you have no intention of being the best you can be.

• 3 weeks later...

Hebburn Town have big plans and are announcing several singings in the next few days. From what I've heard, four of them are from South Shields (the extra travelling plus with work commitments) plus rumours of a big name and Shola has been mentioned! I genuinely can't see it but you never know!

• 4 weeks later...

Team Northumbria have resigned from the Northern League.

Lack of EU funding they received for university sports.

A university like Northumbria that focuses on arts and sports is going to be massively hit by the lack of funding from the EU. In order to make up for it they going to have to take on more foreign students, which is one of the reasons behind the recent re-branding, in order to gain more students.

Team Northumbria have resigned from the Northern League.

Lack of EU funding they received for university sports.

A university like Northumbria that focuses on arts and sports is going to be massively hit by the lack of funding from the EU. In order to make up for it they going to have to take on more foreign students, which is one of the reasons behind the recent re-branding, in order to gain more students.

Yep - my mate played for them - was on a good number getting his uni fees paid!

Hebburn are having a right go!

http://www.hebburntownfc.co.uk/2018/07/13/club-secures-ground-sponsorship-deal-with-the-energy-check/

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Marske have had to pull out of the Cleator Cup on the back of not having enough players signed up to make a team.

Maybe this is the reality of forced promotion?

Or a handy excuse not to play a game they have no obligation to play as it’s a NL cup and they are now EPL.

Apparently Marske have had to pull out of the Cleator Cup on the back of not having enough players signed up to make a team.

Or a handy excuse not to play a game they have no obligation to play as it’s a NL cup and they are now EPL.

Or a bit of both. We’ve lost players that we would have otherwise kept, including first choice keeper. Promotion definitely a challenge beyond the obvious

Or a bit of both. We’ve lost players that we would have otherwise kept, including first choice keeper. Promotion definitely a challenge beyond the obvious

There will be teams in the NL playing to not get promoted next season.

There will be teams in the NL playing to not get promoted next season.

Yup. I’d visited a fair few NL grounds with Morpeth in recent years but realistically I’m not travelling to Goole and Belper where our first two fixtures are. Shame for the fans as well because we always took a decent away group.