Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Was at Spennymoor vs York last neet as my mates a Spenny fan. Cracking game with York winning 2-4 and attendance of 1300.

Some great football being played around the region for those wanting a break from the PL.

:thup: Most people there through a genuine love of the sport too, distinct lack of armchair Sky football fans.

I'm going to start going back along to Hebburn when I'm in a position to sit/stand still again for 2 hours at a time. Used to go when I was a kid mid-90s when they had a legendary goal scorer called Willie Moat who was a Postman by trade.

The Sports Ground is really coming on mind – it’ll be excellent once it’s complete!

I was up there last Saturday and Sunday afternoons and seen both the football team and cricket team defeated

Newcastle Benfield v Kiddeminster Harriers in the FA Cup 3rd qualifying Round. NUFC don't play until the following day so hopefully they get a really big crowd in to back them.

South Shields v York as well.

Cracking draw!

Blyth flying.

Manqullio scored for Ershington n all.

Disastrous consequences though. Couldn't keep-up with the hard drinking post-match celebrations. He was apparently taken to Wansbeck General after being found face down in a Korma.

"Bobe thaz a doge o'er tha' roed"

Only 5 points between 1st & 15th in the National League after 11 games. That seems more congested than the average table?

It's nice to see the top half of the table full of teams who've not been in the Football League in recent years. The conference is absolutely brutal to get out of and full of decent teams like Dover who I've said for a while wouldn't get relegated from League 2. Look how tough Hartlepool and Leyton Orient are finding it, albeit I'm sure their squads have been decimated. Torquay look like dropping off the map altogether.

Only 5 points between 1st & 15th in the National League after 11 games. That seems more congested than the average table?

It's nice to see the top half of the table full of teams who've not been in the Football League in recent years. The conference is absolutely brutal to get out of and full of decent teams like Dover who I've said for a while wouldn't get relegated from League 2. Look how tough Hartlepool and Leyton Orient are finding it, albeit I'm sure their squads have been decimated. Torquay look like dropping off the map altogether.

Dover going up would be pretty big for Football in Kent, it would be the only league team in the far south east area, the only over competition in Margate who are a further 2 divisions down.

Newcastle Benfield v Kiddeminster Harriers in the FA Cup 3rd qualifying Round. NUFC don't play until the following day so hopefully they get a really big crowd in to back them.

Cracking draw!

Benfield won more games in the FA Cup this season than NUFChave in the last 12.

Cracking draw!

Benfield won more games in the FA Cup this season than NUFChave in the last 12.

That's a canny stat and damning of the Ashley regime (before anyone pipes up I know he's only overseen 10 of those 12 years).

Jarrow Roofing vs Bishop yesterday. About halfway into the first half the manager goes to make a sub, soon becomes apparent that it's because his lass has gone into labour :lol: The manager's attempts to articulate this point to his captain using hand gestures was quite something. The lad comes off, hops the railing and runs off into the car park where his dad was waiting.

Jarrow Roofing vs Bishop yesterday. About halfway into the first half the manager goes to make a sub, soon becomes apparent that it's because his lass has gone into labour :lol: The manager's attempts to articulate this point to his captain using hand gestures was quite something. The lad comes off, hops the railing and runs off into the car park where his dad was waiting.

Ha ha aye I know him and his lass - I was creased when I seen the tweet getting shared on Facebook on Tuesday night!