Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I'm not panicking just yet because its Rafa but its not the best situation.

We wont be doing any major business, unfortunately. If we wanted to we would have done so already. Rafa's probably had a list of players for this season before the last ball was kicked against Chelsea. Frustrating as fuck with us doing fuck all, despite it being expected. Hope is shit.

as much as i love rafa, part of me wishes he would just quit now.

sick of this pantomime.

quit, leave ashley in the shit, and remove any lingering thoughts that the fans may have of ambition in the club.

whilst rafa is here we will all hang on to the slenderest of hopes that something better is about to happen. it isn't.

That kid from Shamrock Rovers has been getting a lot of hype back home. He had an unbelievable game against the league leaders a few weeks back and saved a penalty and the end to earn a draw.

sick of this pantomime.

quit, leave ashley in the shit, and remove any lingering thoughts that the fans may have of ambition in the club.

whilst rafa is here we will all hang on to the slenderest of hopes that something better is about to happen. it isn't.

Rafa is still here because Staveley is still in talks to buy the club.

sick of this pantomime.

quit, leave ashley in the s***, and remove any lingering thoughts that the fans may have of ambition in the club.

Are you 100% sure?

sick of this pantomime.

quit, leave ashley in the s***, and remove any lingering thoughts that the fans may have of ambition in the club.

Are you 100% sure?

:thup:

Nothing has changed from a business sense in Ashley’s mind. The only real significant leap in earnings (at least to cover say £100m transfer spend) comes at CL qualification and the amount we’d need to invest to get close to that is a silly amount.

So spend as little as possible and try and stay in the division. That is Ashley’s business plan and little will change. If we do spend, it’s only in younger players who have potential to increase their value. We finished 10th with essentially the same starting XI we have available to us now, so he’s thinking why change anything?

The only sticking point is if the manager capable of making us stay up with this squad walks. If he goes we’re all buggered.

Depressing for so many reasons, but can see why in his head that it makes sense.

You can see why in the head he does that the fat f***ing c*** got us relegation twice with exactly that business plan and you can see why he does it - honestly man you have to be kidding me.

I can see how he can think it makes sense, but I sure as hell don’t agree with it.

We performed at an operating loss of around £90m when we were relegated so yeah it is a massive and uneccessary risk. But clearly he trusts Rafa enough that we can ‘save’ money but not spending millions (essentially the equivalent) on signings.

sick of this pantomime.

And the media hasn't even mentioned this lately? I know media don't always know everything, far from. Doubt there's fuck all going on. .

Even if they were Ashley would demand silly money.. So it aint happening. Also, this is coming from you.

sick of this pantomime.

Are you 100% sure?

:thup:

:lol:

It’s not even certain we did make an offer of 20m.. they just reported we did, like reported interest.. all bullshit most likely.

It’s fairly safe to say that if we are to break out transfer record, it will only be the once, possibly twice.. depending on what happens with Ritchie/Townsend situation..