Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He’s in the top 10 scorers in La Liga this season with 6. I got shot down by some for having the audacity to say I’d prefer a fully fit Joselu as an option 30 plus games a season rather than Andy Carroll available for half a season. Always thought his all round game was average, which would have still been an improvement on Carroll so far this season.

He’s in the top 10 scorers in La Liga this season with 6. I got shot down by some for having the audacity to say I’d prefer a fully fit Joselu as an option 30 plus games a season rather than Andy Carroll available for half a season. Always thought his all round game was average, which would have still been an improvement on Carroll so far this season.

Joselu was a better player for us than Carroll ever was for West Ham, so it’s not an outrageous suggestion at all.

Joselu is a poor player, but the way some around here carry on, he’s worse than Ali Daia .

Often the case with players considered 'physical', target men type forwards in the Spanish league just dont cut it here. Morientes, Kovacevic, Morata, Soldado are a few bigger centre forwards who have flourished in Spain but totally failed here. Maybe its a bit of an overplayed stereotype players in Spain tend to be less physical and more technical like but still, it's definitely the case sometimes.

"Oooh look he's got 6 in Spain"

He never managed that in a full season here man. Were people watching a different player? He was slow, lazy and had no fight in him. Incredibly weak for someone of his size.

I don’t disagree too much (apart from the being lazy part), but still a better option to Gayle or Carroll imo.

"Oooh look he's got 6 in Spain"

He never managed that in a full season here man. Were people watching a different player? He was slow, lazy and had no fight in him. Incredibly weak for someone of his size.

I don’t disagree too much (apart from the being lazy part), but still a better option to Gayle or Carroll imo.

The Joselu I saw play for us was definitely not lazy and definitely didn't lack fight.  He worked bloody hard for the team, even with limited ability against EPL defenders.  We'd have been better off with him as out #9 this season.  And that's proper shit state to get in.