Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Bob Dylan the year before.

Springsteen did Stadium of Light not that many years ago iirc

He did.  :lol:  He also said "good evening Newcastle!"

David Bowie did the same at Roker Park apparently

They do know they're in League One, right? :lol:

they also know there's a very high chance they'll be playing us next season in the championship, and they already have somebody on board who could potentially show an interest and invest once they're in the championship.

As shit as they are, and as much as I've laughed and enjoyed their double relegation, the depressing reality is that we are still shit and nowhere near getting rid of our cunt owner and going nowhere fast.

they also know there's a very high chance they'll be playing us next season in the championship, and they already have somebody on board who could potentially show an interest and invest once they're in the championship.

As shit as they are, and as much as I've laughed and enjoyed their double relegation, the depressing reality is that we are still shit and nowhere near getting rid of our cunt owner and going nowhere fast.

Get yourself down to the bookies then and make yourself a killing because you'll get a very good price for a Newcastle relegation/Mackem promotion as they don't think it's anywhere near as likely as you do.

So he's only interested in investing if they are in the Championship then surely it would make sense to invest to get to the Championship then. They are run by a bunch of chancers who have already stated there is no money to available for transfers come January (in fact they want to let some of the higher wages still go). Surely this person on board (who was previously interested in Oxford by the way) would be making sure they get to the Chapionship first.

Be in GATESHEAD before long though marra

Was reading about that a while ago, presume the Arena is going to be a lot smaller if they're going to fit it in the car park between the Sage and Baltic

no it will be bigger.

Current arena is 7000

New arena is going to be 12,000

Was reading about that a while ago, presume the Arena is going to be a lot smaller if they're going to fit it in the car park between the Sage and Baltic

no it will be bigger.

Current arena is 7000

Current arena is 11,000 for concerts, it’s only going to be an increase of 1,000. We should really be looking towards a 20,000 capacity venue for concerts considering how many events have multiple nights.

Get yourself down to the bookies then and make yourself a killing because you'll get a very good price for a Newcastle relegation/Mackem promotion as they don't think it's anywhere near as likely as you do.

Wonder what price I'd get on them beating us at SJP next season.

So he's only interested in investing if they are in the Championship then surely it would make sense to invest to get to the Championship then. They are run by a bunch of chancers who have already stated there is no money to available for transfers come January (in fact they want to let some of the higher wages still go). Surely this person on board (who was previously interested in Oxford by the way) would be making sure they get to the Chapionship first.

I did say potentially.  I obviously don't know he'd invest for definite....but it's not that much of a long shot.

I did say potentially.  I obviously don't know he'd invest for definite....but it's not that much of a long shot.

I would say it is or he would be doing it already - need to ask yourself the question why is he looking at third division clubs to invest in and then doing fuck all to make sure they progress to the next level.

I've no idea.  But he's bought into them in the first place so obviously sees something, maybe it'll be a lot more attractive to invest properly in them as a Championship club?

As I say, I don't think it's much of a long shot to think he'll want to invest once they have sight of the Premier League.

no it will be bigger.

Current arena is 7000

Current arena is 11,000 for concerts, it’s only going to be an increase of 1,000. We should really be looking towards a 20,000 capacity venue for concerts considering how many events have multiple nights.

Current arena is 7000 seats, increasing capacity to 11,000 for gigs by using the arena floor for more seats/standing

The new arena is 12,500 seats so we would see a similar increase when the floor area is included for concerts, not sure how much, but to considerably more than the 11,000 allowed at the current arena though.

I would say it is or he would be doing it already - need to ask yourself the question why is he looking at third division clubs to invest in and then doing fuck all to make sure they progress to the next level.

Why would he?  He's got a lot more going on apart from Sunderland. 

He takes a minor financial interest, if they get promoted he's at least doubled the little money he put in and gets first crack at investing in a potentially PL club with a 48k seater stadium and established fanbase.  If they don't get promoted he's lost very little.

Why would he?  He's got a lot more going on apart from Sunderland. 

He takes a minor financial interest, if they get promoted he's at least doubled the little money he put in and gets first crack at investing in a potentially PL club with a 48k seater stadium and established fanbase.  If they don't get promoted he's lost very little.

You keep believing that - the premiership payments have one year to go and are at the minimum level and they are still paying off the amount owed to Short via these payments. They will lose money hand over fist if they don't get back to the premiership very soon. Look at the Wolves owners they put money in from the start and I'm certain they have other interests also. As for the 48,000 stadium means fuck all when you can't fill it they were struggling to get 20,000 crowds last time in the Championship - giving away 000s of tickets even in the premiership and they still couldn't fill it. It will be years before the mackems are anywhere near a premiership place. He's so keen on investing into a third division club with the goal of getting back to the premiership yet he is doing fuck all to attempt to even getting them out of the division they are in. The only way I would voice any concerns about these chancers is if somehow his father in law becomes involved - very unlikely though.