Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

£305 million is the price

Arbitration is the key to the takeover with a deal done before the most likely outcome (De Marco)

Takeover will not be done before the summer

£200 million for transfers

Newcastle would become part of the 2030 project with massive infrastructure investment (not confirmed but the Saudis need a flagship soccer project)

Saudis don't want to buy Spurs as reported

And what happens if we go down?

Re-negotiate

So it’s not happening then.

Arbitration is the key to the takeover with a deal done before the most likely outcome (De Marco)

Newcastle would become part of the 2030 project with massive infrastructure investment (not confirmed but the Saudis need a flagship soccer project)

And what happens if we go down?

Re-negotiate

So it’s not happening then.

Exactly

He didn't seem to think so, if we are down and Rafa takes over with a big transfer budget, players would come and someone like him could build a team for the top 10 in the Premier league and win promotion at the same time.

Please remember Bein Jacobs was fully in the Qatar camp until very recently when he saw the media profiles of ordinary folk sky rocket off the back of this. He's playing a very cute game, don't be sucked in by it.

Please remember Bein Jacobs was fully in the Qatar camp until very recently when he saw the media profiles of ordinary folk sky rocket off the back of this. He's playing a very cute game, don't be sucked in by it.

He did mention that and he also confirmed he has done freelance work for them in the past, but he did say the deal could not be done until the piracy was sorted

Why exactly is it taking so long if everything legally is in our favour? Arbitration could and should have already started, but the better approach is striking a deal ready for next season? Bullshit.

By the sounds of it there are crossing every t and dotting every i with the hope of doing a deal when the Saudis and Qatar sort their issues out, the other Premier league clubs need to be convinced by Masters that they wont lose out with any future TV deal.

Why exactly is it taking so long if everything legally is in our favour? Arbitration could and should have already started, but the better approach is striking a deal ready for next season? Bullshit.

By the sounds of it there are crossing every t and dotting every i with the hope of doing a deal when the Saudis and Qatar sort their issues out, the other Premier league clubs need to be convinced by Masters that they wont lose out with any future TV deal.

Other premier league clubs have absolutely nothing to do with it. Hence why our legal case is apparently strong.

I don’t think relegation automatically means PIF walk away, however they won’t want to buy us for the current price, and Ashley won’t want to sell at a reduced price. On top of that they will be wary of the EFL doing what the Premier League and kicking the can down the road to prevent the takeover and take it via legal action which would drag it out too long. Rick Oarry has already shown how heMs in the pockets of the top 6.

That's very specific information. Are we to believe he's now closer to the buyers than any other journalist?

Lots of people have said he actually did say club we’re dragging out arbitration, haven’t listened myself yet but wouldn’t be the first time he’s been accused of misrepresenting the facts.

On the plus side Kennedy did say things were moving albeit slowly last week, and refused to comment when asked if arbitration had actually begun.

I don't understand the pants-shitting negativity with this deal. People keep saying, "Oh yeah, next month, next month...", as if we're being lied to. It's a super complicated legal and political case and setbacks happen. The people involved aren't p*ss-takers.

Until we've lost the arbiration case or we're told that fatboy and Amanda have given up, then stop being such a fanny. Clearly, there is a possibility of this happening.

I don't understand the pants-shitting negativity with this deal. People keep saying, "Oh yeah, next month, next month...", as if we're being lied to. It's a super complicated legal and political case and setbacks happen. The people involved aren't p*ss-takers.

Until we've lost the arbiration case or we're told that fatboy and Amanda have given up, then stop being such a fanny. Clearly, there is a possibility of this happening.

Then why do people keep saying this in the first place? News by Christmas, positive developments in January, should hear positive news at the end of February/start of March, now no wait, it wont be until Summer. Im sure folk coming out with this have the best of intentions, whether thats ITKs or journalists, but its hardly surprising when these dates sail by with barely a mention of any news people start calling bullshit.

I'm sure everyone by this point fully appreciates how complex and drawn out these things are like.   

Then why do people keep saying this in the first place? News by Christmas, positive developments in January, should hear positive news at the end of February/start of March, now no wait, it wont be until Summer. Im sure folk coming out with this have the best of intentions, whether thats ITKs or journalists, but its hardly surprising when these dates sail by with barely a mention of any news people start calling bullshit.

I'm sure everyone by this point fully appreciates how complex and drawn out these things are like.   

Because irritable neandertals keep reacting to it.

I suppose it depends who you listen to but I'd advise against putting too much stock in HTT's running "Friday 3pm" joke or anything random Twitter ITKs say.

Following what Keith, George and Ben Jacobs say though - who seem to be able to eke out little bits of truth between them - I've never really felt there have been big promises of something definitely happening in a week's time. As far as I can tell, we'll be going to arbitration if they can't get it sorted without the need to, and the the radio silence at the minute probably means they're cracking on with one of those things.

It might not happen but there are some big fish who think it will and that's enough to give me hope. If it doesn't happen just get into gardening or chess or something instead.