Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest godzilla

Premier league gave an answer of no comment when asked about Kenyon. It means nothing

They won't comment on any individual club, but he would know that and is just trying to be his usual prick self.

Once bitten, twice shy. Refuse to believe anything until it’s gospel on the bbc or even the official club website.

The worrying thing is I can think of many more plausible scenarios where this is a Keith Bishop PR stunt.

This one keeps coming back to my thoughts.

What if Rafa is going to walk. Talks have stalled etc. So this is either a ploy to get him back to the table, or he’s leaving anyway regardless and they want a bigger story to distract people with.

Funny that You were getting all giddy last night :lol:

Aye. I lost myself in it there for a bit. Woke up this morning quite tired and with a fresh dose of cynicism 🙂

Until Charnley is publicly given a shoeing all the way from the stadium and down St James’ Blvd this is fake news.

Are we at this stage yet again when it comes to investing and backing your manager? The old someone is buying the club story. Basically Rafa asked for far too many assurances in his negotiations. Ashley will draw this out until.the first game of the new season and then blame the fake purchase collapse on everything.

For those of you who would rather have Mike Ashley as an owner than the Sheikh, hope you can digest that. While Ashley is the owner this club will only every be a crutch for his genuine business interests.

I'm sceptical, but quite hopeful on this one. Probably just because as far as prospective owners have previously went (Staveley, Kenyon) this is one that could push us into becoming a top 4 club again.

See what happens, either way as long as Rafa stays and gets what he wants I'm happy.

I suspect the person who leaked it is on Sheikh Khaleds side of it and is very confident because they have underestimated the ficklness of Ashley, so they leak it all confident and Ashley's side are like lolololol maybe

Wonder who is taking over Charnleys role?

And wonder if we will have a director of football now?

Interesting to see what the whole structure of the club will be after this.

I'm guessing exactly the same but with Lawrie Sanchez as manager.

My guess is that both parties have agreed on a price. Presumably proof of funds and due diligence now has to happen, but my feeling is that the biggest obstacle has been crossed.

Based on what exactly :lol:

There have been stories of bids before, but this is the first one that I can recall where the bidder appears to have the money to see it through. The other bids I can remember, like Staveley and Kenyon, have been all about consortiums or borrowing, where the financial side looks a bit fragile. So there's more reason to believe that this one can last the course.

I don't believe that these stories have been based on nothing. It's just that a lot of bids are unrealistic. This recurring idea, which appears in so many contexts, that Ashley plants fake stories in order to appease the fans, is a bit naïve.

I thought the Premier League actually commented about the Kenyan thing saying they hadn’t received anything. Clutching at straws but the fact they are saying no comment is a positive.

From the chronicle 28th December 2018

United sources also played down news of a takeover update while the Premier League offered a no comment status when approached by ChronicleLive

I thought the Premier League actually commented about the Kenyan thing saying they hadn’t received anything. Clutching at straws but the fact they are saying no comment is a positive.

Is this connected to the Nigerian rumours from a few years ago and they've moved to another part of Africa?  :)