Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My guess is that both parties have agreed on a price. Presumably proof of funds and due diligence now has to happen, but my feeling is that the biggest obstacle has been crossed.

Wonder what the Sheik thinks of being used as a PR stunt

He'll have to ask his "closest working associate" why he leaked the story.

His closest working associate being Be’ith El-Kishop

My guess is that both parties have agreed on a price. Presumably proof of funds and due diligence now has to happen, but my feeling is that the biggest obstacle has been crossed.

Mike Ashley is involved. He can put a new obstacle up at any point.

I think they knew we’d all be buzzing over the Sunderland result so very click happy to any made up headline.

They’ve played a blinder.  :lol:

Yep. They probably dreamed this up down the boozer on Friday night. Bet Mike’s fireplace got a proper hammering when they came up with it.

I don’t think it’s bullshit but I won’t get excited about it until it’s done, that’s if it is does get done. I also don’t expect it to be without several hitches along the way

So fuckin annoyed with the so called journalist from the sun. I’d have been happy with laughing at the mackems today. Now I’m probably as deflated as they are :lol:

:lol: It's only various media outlets and journalists who are playing anyone at the moment.

The club have said fuckall because there's probably fuckall to say at this stage.

If and when they say something it will probably be worth listening too but until then journalists will have to keep writing stories and we'll keep reading them.

Guest godzilla

So fuckin annoyed with the so called journalist from the sun. I’d have been happy with laughing at the mackems today. Now I’m probably as deflated as they are :lol:

He maybe right though, Ryder and Edwards sources were so good that they didn't even tell them that there had been something going on (not unsuprising both are jokes).