Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I don't blame Merino for wanting to leave at all, he left Dortmund to play first team football and it dried up here. I think assurances should be made that he will start more games next season, he's one we'll regret selling.

You guys don't think Rafa has to share the blame for Merino wanting to leave?

How so?

Shelvey and Diame were better than him last season. Plus he fucked his back which put him out for a while. I'd blame Rafa more if he played Merino to keep him happy and we were relegated.

Yea I won't question the starting eleven (no one can anyway given our position) but surely Merino deserves at least a bench position right? He was even out of the match day squad FFS. No where to be seen after we guaranteed safety either. Seriously? If you are Merino, what's the message you receive from these decisions from Rafa?

It makes perfect sense to me that he is asking to leave now.  It would be dumb not to.

Yea I won't question the starting eleven (no one can anyway given our position) but surely Merino deserves at least a bench position right? He was even out of the match day squad FFS. No where to be seen after we guaranteed safety either. Seriously? If you are Merino, what's the message you receive from these decisions from Rafa?

It makes perfect sense to me that he is asking to leave now.  It would be dumb not to.

Few reports now suggesting he asked to leave in January so he surely mustn't have settled here?

Will be gutted to see Merino go if he does, but no point having an unhappy player who doesn't want to be here who isn't getting football.

And as others have mentioned, maybe there's more to this back injury than first thought.

Seems to be a lot of hints from the Chronicle that there's some release fee clause in Merino's contract - although they seemed very vague about what amount it was.  Find it hard to believe it was as low as €15m though.

Guest reefatoon

Few reports now suggesting he asked to leave in January so he surely mustn't have settled here?

Would agree with this. I would say it has been more down to Merino than Rafa. There was obviously something not quite right in Merino's mind, whether he had his head turned in January, or something like that. But he was never quite the same.

And so the encouragement Rafa show to a homesick player is to give him zero mins on the pitch?

It appears to me that Rafa has given up Merino already in the middle of the season instead. Hence why we asking for only 15m.  Rafa doesn't rate Merino as high as fans like us.

Being linked with someone called Valon Berisha from RB Salzburg.

Linked by who?

He's good. I'd approve of buying him.

Great stats and a star in the Europa League. Salzburg have developed some great players recently like Mane and Keita, so I'd love him here. Plus, it'd be nice to have an Albanian. There are a lot of them in NYC.

Having a medical at Sampdoria. €7m figure mentioned.

And so the encouragement Rafa show to a homesick player is to give him zero mins on the pitch?

It appears to me that Rafa has given up Merino already in the middle of the season instead. Hence why we asking for only 15m.  Rafa doesn't rate Merino as high as fans like us.

Or he put his faith in players that actually wanted to be here?.

I don't even care anymore, there's no point.

At this stage it look likely we're favourites for relegation next year.

Unlike you to be overly dramatic.

Glad you could tell I was taking the piss.