Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

edited already, tweet dead. From "imminent" to "close to resolution" :lol: :lol:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/06/30/premier-league-chief-says-newcastle-takeover-saga-close-resolution/

@jburttelegraph you've really let yourself down here.

It's been mentioned before by the journalists themselves that they don't write the headlines for the articles.

Got rid of the tweet but the article still says:

Premier League chief executive Richard Masters has revealed that a decision on the £300million takeover of Newcastle United is imminent and denied that the government is applying pressure to approve the Saudi Arabian-led deal.

Like someone above said, it sums up the majority of the press recently.

Why is there a picture of Louis Tomlinson in the Tweet (not bothered to click to find out) :lol:

SNP MP had queried why Louis Tomlinson wouldn't be allowed to own a football club, but MBS would, basically.

He seemed to think it was a very clever question.

Ahhhh, nice! Thanks for that mate.

edited already, tweet dead. From "imminent" to "close to resolution" :lol: :lol:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/06/30/premier-league-chief-says-newcastle-takeover-saga-close-resolution/

@jburttelegraph you've really let yourself down here.

It's been mentioned before by the journalists themselves that they don't write the headlines for the articles.

I'm starved of updates and thirsty for blood, there's nothing that can save them from my wrath.

TBF I do think Masters has done a good job with the Premier league restart

Without knowing the exact specifics of which PL officials played the driving role in that project I prefer to give credit to the whole committee rather than Masters as an individual.

That Masters article all but confirms it's happening 100%. Hope your cans are cold, it's a matter of when not if.

Yeah, it does seem like it. Someone tweeted that Masters would've found this morning's MP session much harder if it had already been approved, so maybe that was the last obstacle.

Once the Saudis say the right thing a few more times, it's getting approved :thup:

Somehow it feels like people who are saying "it's 100% happening" are mentioning it over and over again as if they are trying to convince both themselves as others :lol: Could be totally wrong, might be different people saying it each time, can't be bothered to check. Having said that, my gut feeling is that it'll happen. Because money talks, plus the Gov.

Somehow it feels like people who are saying "it's 100% happening" are mentioning it over and over again as if they are trying to convince both themselves as others :lol: Could be totally wrong, might be different people saying it each time, can't be bothered to check. Having said that, my gut feeling is that it'll happen. Because money talks, plus the Gov.

You've just said the same thing as those people you mention. :lol:

I said what my gut feeling was, I'm not 100% sure by any means. You from Burma?

I said what my gut feeling was, I'm not 100% sure by any means. You from Burma?

Yes are you?

Or exactly the opposite, like me for instance, where I have never been in doubt for one second about this going through. It’s always been a matter of when and not if. I think it’s insane it’s taken this long through to be fair and never expected that :lol: