Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

From the media as they will start reporting that he stated shortly and didn't keep to this; and then questions will be asked if he's right person for the job. You know the way the British media work in general  :lol:

Why are you ignoring the other words? :lol:

He didn't say it would be concluded shortly, only that he hoped it would be. World of difference.

Do you really think the British media will take notice of that, honestly?

Yes because what he said isn't ambiguous.

He's made no promises so what could the press say. It'd be very easy for him to respond to any follow up to that.

From the media as they will start reporting that he stated shortly and didn't keep to this; and then questions will be asked if he's right person for the job. You know the way the British media work in general  :lol:

He didn't say it would be concluded shortly, only that he hoped it would be. World of difference.

:thup:

This is why I'm just leaving it at that :lol:

All this talk from people saying how it’s shocking that Louis Tomlinson was blocked and the Saudi’s may not be just highlights that it’s coming from Karen’s pretending to be righteous. Louis Tomlinson was not rejected or blocked from taking over Doncaster, John Ryan his business partner and former owner of Doncaster was rejected. Also that was a matter with the EFL, not Premier League.

It's symptomatic of moronic MPs to fail to even do the most basic of research before making an argument

The Doncaster takeover didn't materialize because it was in actual fact, a fundraising appeal. They only raised £750,000 of a £2m goal

The deal wasn't 'rejected', they couldn't actually afford to buy it.

Guest godzilla

He's made no promises so what could the press say. It'd be very easy for him to respond to any follow up to that.

You don't know the British press very well then, they twist words for their agenda every day, let's just see what happens if it's not concluded 'shortly' then  :lol:

Guest godzilla

:thup:

This is why I'm just leaving it at that :lol:

You do that  :lol:

All this talk from people saying how it’s shocking that Louis Tomlinson was blocked and the Saudi’s may not be just highlights that it’s coming from Karen’s pretending to be righteous. Louis Tomlinson was not rejected or blocked from taking over Doncaster, John Ryan his business partner and former owner of Doncaster was rejected. Also that was a matter with the EFL, not Premier League.

It's symptomatic of moronic MPs to fail to even do the most basic of research before making an argument

The Doncaster takeover didn't materialize because it was in actual fact, a fundraising appeal. They only raised £750,000 of a £2m goal

The deal wasn't 'rejected', they couldn't actually afford to buy it.

Yeah, they did actually apply to go through the D&O test though, and it was John Ryan who was rejected/seemed he couldn’t afford it.

Nicolson just looked like he had a list of questions he was asking for someone else.

Probably begins with Q and ends with Atar.

Cash for questions alive and kicking. In 2020.

You don't know the British press very well then, they twist words for their agenda every day, let's just see what happens if it's not concluded 'shortly' then  :lol:

Oh i'm as cynical about them as anyone. I just don't see that comment as being something that they might pick up on because I think it's very easy for him to respond to. All he has to say is that that was his hope at the time but further complications have delayed things.

Guest godzilla

Oh i'm as cynical about them as anyone. I just don't see that comment as being something that they might pick up on because I think it's very easy for him to respond to. All he has to say is that that was his hope at the time but further complications have delayed things.

Again the press imho won't accept that and will then start to say is he not up for the job. As I said it's pointless going back and forth you have your opinion and I have mine, only time will tell. Hopefully it will be shortly anyway so we never find out.

Why is there a picture of Louis Tomlinson in the Tweet (not bothered to click to find out) :lol:

SNP MP had queried why Louis Tomlinson wouldn't be allowed to own a football club, but MBS would, basically.

He seemed to think it was a very clever question.