Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I respect the opinions, and the confidence, of those thinking it'll go through but my thoughts haven't changed since news of the takeover first broke which what feels like a lifetime away now and that there's not a hope in hells chance of it happening.

I've come to terms with it and the Premier League is almost out of my life now. No longer have Sky or BT and I've watched 2 live games from that league all season (1 involving NUFC).

Still watch football from other countries on my IPTV as it will always be my favourite sport but I'm happy I've been able to more or less wash my hands of the Professional game in England now. Once the Premier League push through this Big 6 project I'd like to think that 1000s more fans from around the country will end up doing the same.

I respect the opinions, and the confidence, of those thinking it'll go through but my thoughts haven't changed since news of the takeover first broke which what feels like a lifetime away now and that there's not a hope in hells chance of it happening.

I've come to terms with it and the Premier League is almost out of my life now. No longer have Sky or BT and I've watched 2 live games from that league all season (1 involving NUFC).

Still watch football from other countries on my IPTV as it will always be my favourite sport but I'm happy I've been able to more or less wash my hands of the Professional game in England now. Once the Premier League push through this Big 6 project I'd like to think that 1000s more fans from around the country will end up doing the same.

I've given up on football too. I hate how corrupt it is. I hate how they've brought politics into it. Even if this takeover goes through, I'll not be spending any money on football again. I'd watch it and probably enjoy it but my passion is gone.

I hope it goes through just to give the city a lift and to lower my old man's blood pressure.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not that attached to the current St James park so when the takeover goes through I would like them knock it down and build a new one, we can just rent the SOL in the meantime

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not that attached to the current St James park so when the takeover goes through I would like them knock it down and build a new one, we can just rent the SOL in the meantime

Really? I love St James' personally.

I love it's wonkiness,that it has been built around its surroundings over the years. Sure a new stadium would be flash and nice, but I think I'd miss it in its current form tbh.

Always thought that the site in below article could be a possibility, especially when the arena moves to Gateshead Quays. Looks like this development will put pay to it once and for all. Right by the river always thought it could have been a spectacular location, and kept all the benefits of city centre location.

Also never understood when we looked to build on castle leazes, why we didn’t try and secure the breweries site. When you look at the development on that land now, we could have built a great stadium there, and it would have been just across the road. Maybe the land had already been bought at that point, but I’m sure they could have traded off some of the land St James currently stands on.

Definitely think Hall compromised with the redevelopment of St James and at the very least we should have pushed on with Castle Leazes, as I think we would have got permission in the end.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/stunning-images-show-how-250m-19317826

One of the best things about St. James', and I never noticed this until I moved back, but it is visible from just about everywhere. If a similar site could be located I'd maybe consider it.

Not for long now Ashey has sold off the land behing the Gallowgate End. The new buildings will block the view.

Im hoping the news Mimms[/member] heard the other day really is positive and has a reasonable timeline 🙏

I wonder if whatever Mimms[/member] heard the other day will become public and if so when? Any ideas Mimms?

Im hoping the news Mimms[/member] heard the other day really is positive and has a reasonable timeline 🙏

I wonder if whatever Mimms[/member] heard the other day will become public and if so when? Any ideas Mimms?

I'm hoping Stifleaay's prediction is right. The PL's legal team have wilted like Steve Bruce's tiddler and we've banged application number 2 in and QC De Marco has licked the stamp personally.

So if the club is about to be sold or sold before the end of the season can anyone explain why Steve Bruce is still our manager? He might suit Ashley who is a big enough stubborn idiot to gamble that the oaf won't get us relegated, but surely the potential new owners would have told the fat man to get rid of the fat manager, and get in someone to keep us in the premier league or his dreams of getting the best part of 300M are about to go down the relegation drain.

Because the sale has not been done, until it is expect normal sevice from Ashley

One of the best things about St. James', and I never noticed this until I moved back, but it is visible from just about everywhere. If a similar site could be located I'd maybe consider it.

Not for long now Ashey has sold off the land behing the Gallowgate End. The new buildings will block the view.

Aye. Forgot about that.

These are the buildings that will form the One St James' Development, on the St James' Metro Station Car Park . . .

https://www.business-live.co.uk/commercial-property/tolent-tipped-develop-120m-one-19261488