Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

If we dont sack the waste of space called Steve Brucesoon,  the consortium may well pull out altogether as  they wont want a championship side.

You beat me to it........let’s hope the takeover happens before January 31st or we’re in deep shit.

Guest reefatoon

If we dont sack the waste of space called Steve Brucesoon,  the consortium may well pull out altogether as  they wont want a championship side.

When you say waste of space, I take it you mean between Bruce and soon?

The only thing that keep me going regarding Newcastle now is this thread and this takeover. Bruce really killed my resolve. 

Didn't even realise we had played today until a mate told me about an hour ago.  It's just so fucking shit, results used to make or break my weekend.  I don't hold much hope for this takeover, it just feels like a fucking slow death for me.

The minute we're taken over, regardless who by, I'll be fully back in...assuming we actually aim to compete on some level.

When this takeover first looked like it was going through, it was the first time I'd felt genuinely excited since Rafa's appointment. The transfer talk about going for older strikers in order to land high quality players initially really got the juices going again. Would be quite thrilling just watching us slowly build up our quality again even if the results weren't coming immediately.

Night and day to where we are now.

Didn't even realise we had played today until a mate told me about an hour ago.

Similar. For me it was seeing the result on the BBC news ticker.

I shrugged and carried on with my day, not even interested in looking into the game any further. No point caring about a pointless club.

I don't expect the takeover to go through, but if it did I'd be so delighted just to actually have a club to support again.

We all know that somehow the EPL and the big 6 will find a way to f*ck us over and block this takeover.  Hope I'm wrong but there is an hidden agenda behind this and we all know what that is.  However I do wonder whether we might get expelled from the EPL of we lose our legal challenges against the EPL!

We all know that somehow the EPL and the big 6 will find a way to f*ck us over and block this takeover.  Hope I'm wrong but there is an hidden agenda behind this and we all know what that is.  However I do wonder whether we might get expelled from the EPL of we lose our legal challenges against the EPL!

How would we get expelled?

That would amount to even bigger legal action against the Premier League than what they are currently facing and would undoubtedly be the end of them.

Incredibly, a lot of our fanbase believe this.

So if the club is about to be sold or sold before the end of the season can anyone explain why Steve Bruce is still our manager? He might suit Ashley who is a big enough stubborn idiot to gamble that the oaf won't get us relegated, but surely the potential new owners would have told the fat man to get rid of the fat manager, and get in someone to keep us in the premier league or his dreams of getting the best part of 300M are about to go down the relegation drain.

So if the club is about to be sold or sold before the end of the season can anyone explain why Steve Bruce is still our manager? He might suit Ashley who is a big enough stubborn idiot to gamble that the oaf won't get us relegated, but surely the potential new owners would have told the fat man to get rid of the fat manager, and get in someone to keep us in the premier league or his dreams of getting the best part of 300M are about to go down the relegation drain.

Well your idea is like 'I'm in negotiations to buy a new house and selling my current but I probably would only get it the new one after Christmas or next year. But because I'm s*** scared to that the price of my house now might decrease, f*** it I'm selling it first and be homeless for a bit.'

Why sack and replace a manager of a club you aren't even sure of owning yet right now? At least if it is so guaranteed the deal is done with no chance of it falling through, then sack Bruce all you want.

I have been calling for Bruce's to be sacked all day today but I know Ashley will probably not do it.

Won't get done unless it becomes official or we're really in the mire before then imo. If it happens before the end of the season and we're relatively clear I can see them giving Bruce the rest of it unfortunately. Even still, I'm not confident that it's going through yet, I'm aware Mimms is some sort of itk and I'm aware of the arbitration but I haven't been following this all at all really, not like I was in the summer. Just can't be confident anymore. If I was I wouldn't know what I'm basing that confidence off of.

To modify the house-buying analogy a little, it's more like saying:

"I'm going to buy your house next year, subject to mortgage approval. I know my last mortgage offer fell through but I'm pretty sure I'll get approved this time, there's no reason why not So can you just build a conservatory in the garden for me now so it's ready for the summer, and then add then cost to the purchase price?"

:lol:

To modify the house-buying analogy a little, it's more like saying:

"I'm going to buy your house next year, subject to mortgage approval. I know my last mortgage offer fell through but I'm pretty sure I'll get approved this time, there's no reason why not So can you just build a conservatory in the garden for me now so it's ready for the summer, and then add then cost to the purchase price?"

:lol:

Aye. Something like. My head was a little heavy when typing that analogy earlier but yeah. I guess its like that. :lol:

We all know that somehow the EPL and the big 6 will find a way to f*ck us over and block this takeover. 

Ah . . "we all know" do we?

I look forward to reading your posts after the Takeover!

You wont read a thing from me if it goes thru.  I'll be too busy enjoying my football again to bother coming on this forum.