Southend United 0-2 Newcastle United - FT

I know someone who plays for Southend, will try and get his opinion on our team from a player's perspective. Might be quite interesting what he makes of certain people from playing against them.

I know someone who plays for Southend, will try and get his opinion on our team from a player's perspective. Might be quite interesting what he makes of certain people from playing against them.

In relation to this, Nile Ranger is at Southend now and my tomato sauce says he isn't that bad. Comes in and trains and isn't a dick. We'll see how long that lasts.

Wish pre season had some bigger tests tbh.

It's all about fitness and cohesion. 'Bigger tests' could well involve demoralising defeats, which wouldn't particularly set us up well for the new season to be fair.

I'm going to this but our daft away fan 1 ticket rule has meant i have to go in the Southend end. I'm taking both my boys with me and Newcastle wouldn't sell me tickets for them, despite the away end i've no doubt not being sold out as it's a Tuesday evening down in my bellend of a town.

And Southend couldn't tell me if the away end would have pay on the gate tonight, so i got tickets to sit with a load of players from my Saturday team and their kids in the Southend end.

Hope we thrash the shit out them.

I might go, depending on trains back to London.

I'm going, trains leave every 10 minutes from Liverpool Street to Prittlewell about 5 minute walk to the ground.

Aye, had a look. Liverpool St back down to my house is a fair journey mind, I'll mull it over this afternoon.

I assumed I'd just be able to rock up and buy a ticket anywhere, is that not how it's going down?

I far as i could tell 4 days ago that how it was, i phoned Newcastle's box office to get told no i couldn't get two more tickets from them. And Southend told me that away end tickets on the night was unlikely, i just checked and you can't get them online from Southend right now. So it looks like Newcastle still refuse to allow on gate in away games. While i understand it, the trouble in that Darlington game a few years back has really messed things up for fan like us, who are far away from Newcastle but want to take someone with them.

I could have registered my kids as Newcastle members but at the moment their interest in football isn't exactly off the radar. Newcastle have all my details and when you enter the stadium (Southend's) and you've purchased kids ticket and take an adult instead, they won't let you in. It's not as if it's anonymous buying.