Manchester United vs Newcastle United - Sat 22nd August @ 12:45pm (BT Sport 1)

I don't think we'll get mullered, our defence is probably better equipped to face Man U's attack as they have no real aerial threat and still look a bit light up front. We could sneak a draw there if the players have the character to handle the atmosphere.

Routine 2-3 goal defeat with at least one goal coming from an obvious self inflicted mess.

Would be nice to see us try and take the game to them rather than just sitting back and taking the defeat.

ball goes over to the right hand side, Thauvin kicks Depay into the net instead of the ball.

...Mitrovic steams-in, taking offence at the disrespectful way Depay's body flew past him, and launches the Noo Manyoo's heed toward the Ship Canal.

Routine 2-3 goal defeat with at least one goal coming from an obvious self inflicted mess.

Would be nice to see us try and take the game to them rather than just sitting back and taking the defeat.

Probably this. The only straw I can think of to clutch to is I seem to recall McClaren having a decent record against Man Utd (?) . That and it's football :lol:

If Mbemba plays at RB and backs off like he did at the weekend then Deoay is going to tear us apart.

Also expect a typical Rooney goal and some other guy Man Utd guy who never scores but against us to score.

If Sissoko Plays:

Aarons - Mitro - Thauvin

Sissoko  Wijnaldum

Anita

Haid-Colo-Taylor-Mmemba

? Is that what we have to do in the back?

hope to see that. about the back...undecided. Keep Mmemba central?

As been mentioned, the Rooney thing seems inevitable.

Any time ManU (or a few others teams for that matter) are in search of form, along we come to be things at ease.