Rooney

2sheds

I know this is not exactly relevant to NUFC (but then again the Darren Ferguson thread isn't either) but I was just thinking about this twat today.

Wasn't his whole recent spat with Man Utd about the quality of their squad and the need to strengthen it?

I know this fat arsehole ended up with as far bigger pay packet but I was under the impression that his main beef was with the lack of quality signings since Ronaldo left.

Given that Taggard has said he will not be signing anyone in the transfer window, has Rooney simply confirmed that it was all about money anyway?

Discuss

Guest guinness_fiend

I lot of the Manchester United fans that I work with (who are mostly season ticket holders) speculated at the time that Rooney was merely serving as a mouthpiece for Ferguson, who never bites the hand that feeds him, with the intention of encouraging the owners to release funds and/or moving the spotlight off him (as many United fans have complained over the club's recent lack of dabbling in the transfer market).

Guest Howaythetoon

The moment you shift your focus away from your game especially at this level the quicker your game will suffer and the harder it becomes to recapture your best form. See Ronaldinho or all those other top players who shifted their focus from their game to money, shagging, partying or whatever. He will never ever get back to the level he was at and is finished as a genuine world-class footballer. I say this as someone who rates him or did massively.

The moment you shift your focus away from your game especially at this level the quicker your game will suffer and the harder it becomes to recapture your best form. See Ronaldinho or all those other top players who shifted their focus from their game to money, shagging, partying or whatever. He will never ever get back to the level he was at and is finished as a genuine world-class footballer. I say this as someone who rates him or did massively.

Didn't Ronaldo shift his focus when he was shagging Paris Hilton and that lot? Whilst he was having a kid with fuck knows who?

He's still one of the top 5 players in the world.

Guest guinness_fiend

Generalisationtastic.

Rooney has had a poor season, granted, but he's far from finished.  Considering that he pretty much carried the team last season across all competitions and looked physically exhausted by the end of it, not to mention taking part in a gruelling World Cup campaign, he's entitled to have one off season.

Using Ronaldinho as a comparison is ludicrous.  That boy was allegedly out on the tiles all the time and the impact on his fitness/weight was obvious.  It's not like Rooney is in Panacea (or woe betide, Tiger Tiger) constantly.

And Ronaldo doesn't seem to be doing too badly, given that he seems to shag anything that moves.

Didn't Ronaldo shift his focus when he was shagging Paris Hilton and that lot? Whilst he was having a kid with f*** knows who?

He's still one of the top 5 players in the world.

Understatement. Rooney's mentally weak, Ronaldo isn't.