Steven Taylor back soon

Is it just me or has he vanished since his run in with Carroll? you would have expected to see some sort of story come out from him since we were promoted but nothing..( or have i just missed it?)

Be interesting to see if hes out on the pitch with the trophy on sat, be a shame if hes not involved.

I am not saying he should have talked about what went on,  just a bit odd that hes not come out and spoke even to the club website since promotion..

Be a shame if he feels he has to stand in the background when the cup gets handed over.

I am not saying he should have talked about what went on,  just a bit odd that hes not come out and spoke even to the club website since promotion..

Be a shame if he feels he has to stand in the background when the cup gets handed over.

Definately.

He should put in an appearance on Saturday, it will obviously be in the papers for about a week which will coincide with Carroll being in court next week anyway & will hopefully then forgotten about again over the summer.

Forgotten about as long as Carroll doesn't go to jail of course.

Guest michaelfoster

I heard he went to America for a holiday, this was a couple of weeks ago though so he might be back

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/04/22/steven-taylor-back-in-training-is-toon-bonus-72703-26294600/

Steven Taylor back in training is Toon bonus

Apr 22 2010 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Taylor would love to be part of Saturday’s clash with Ipswich Town but is facing a race against time to be fit.

Whether Taylor is handed a cameo role between now and the end of the season remains to be seen with two games to go.

However, Toon boss Chris Hughton says Taylor will certainly involved in the post-game celebrations and the presentation of the Championship trophy.

Hughton is also sweating on Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez, who have hamstring and thigh injuries respectively.

Fitz Hall misses the clash with the Tractor Boys and is also a doubt for his return trip to QPR next Sunday, while Nile Ranger’s season is over because of ankle problems.

Hughton told the Chronicle: “Steven was back in training and that was good to see.

“It is about making sure he is right.

“I think it would have been frustrating for him watching the Plymouth game, but nobody here is under-estimating the big part he has played in what we have achieved this season.

“He’s played a lot of games and he was in really good form.

“He’s given us a lot this season.”

Taylor was injured against West Brom after a clash with Roman Bednar which left him on crutches with a knee problem.

Hughton said: “He will absolutely be part of the celebrations.

“We’ll see – he’s training today, but he’s been out for a long time, and I have to be mindful of that.

“He’s played a lot of games. He was in really good form, and people here aren’t underestimating what he’s given this team.

“If he’d have missed a similar amount of time at the beginning of the season, his profile would have been a little bit higher now.”

Wehey, been told first hand what happened between the two...fully blown out of proportion however the majority of the rumours are correct on what happened.

We wont hear anything else on this.

Oh and don't PM me, as I was told in confidence.  All I can say is what I've wrote above.

He should definitely be on the pitch on Saturday, even if not fit to play then at least to lift the trophy and join in the celebrations. Has played his part as much as anyone this season.

If he is absent I'd take it that he see's no future at NUFC.

Edit, just read the chronicle article.