Everyone wants to stay - Martins

Guest 22bnw

Guest 22bnw

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1283736,00.html

OBAFEMI Martins says that every member of the Newcastle United squad is desperate to be part of Kevin Keegan's plans next season.

The Magpies have now won three on the spin and, as momentum builds, so too has a growing sense of excitement on Tyneside at what could be about to happen under the guidance of the Geordie Messiah.

And it is that feeling of expectation which has spread to a Toon camp all vying to win over the gaffer ahead of what promises to be a much-improved campaign next time around.

Indeed, Nigerian hotshot Martins told Newcastle World TV after netting in Saturday's 3-0 win over Reading: "It's not just me, all the players want to stay here and be part of Kevin Keegan's side next season.

"The gaffer has been so positive since he came in and he is the reason we have turned things around.

"For me, I am very, very happy in Newcastle. It is a great place and the people here have made me so welcome.

"The fans are unbelievable, imagine what they would be like if we were in the top five?

"Even in the bad times they have stuck with us.

"Now we want to try to win our last five games for them.

"After that I'm sure next season will be exciting under the new gaffer and we can't wait."

ALL of them?! God help us!

Hope that goes for Emre and N'Zogbia. If KK can get Barton, Butt and Geremi help us play good/attractive football, he will have no bother with those two.

Still think there will be a few gone.

Still think Zoggy will leave and Emre should be sold, another three weeks out after the reserve game he played, just to dam injury prone I do like Emre but if he cannot stay fit whats the point.

Hope that goes for Emre and N'Zogbia. If KK can get Barton, Butt and Geremi help us play good/attractive football, he will have no bother with those two.

Still think there will be a few gone.

Whether it goes for Emre or not is immaterial in my eyes. Not good enough for us now, let alone when KK strengthens the squad. I doubt he'd be the answer even if you put aside his appaling fitness record.

When is Emre due back?

I'd still like to see him given a chance under KK.

Two weeks time. Same as it's been for 6 months ;)

Thing is, were only going to get 2-3m for Emre. Almost not worth selling for me.

Its not like we paid all that much more for him when we brought him in.

I'm split when it comes to Emre. I think he is a fantastic player on his day but his fitness and injury record is, as all have rightly said, appalling.

Butt certainly looks like a first teamer and Barton is making a push, too.  I'm a Geremi fan but I can't see him playing a full season at a high level next year.  If he could live with being in the rotation one could make the point that he'd be the only player from the starting eleven to lose his position unless KK opts for a 4-4-2 next season.  I'll be curious to see how the other teams try to deal with Viduka as the target man.  Perhaps how he's defensed the rest of the way will tell us which direction KK will lean to for next season.

Guest Sniffer

He's still a big name in turkey and they are still under the misapprehension that he can do the business. I'd bet we could get at least 4 mill for him, possibly more.

Id be happy to get Emre off the wage bill.

V good player when fit, unfortunately thats a 3 games a year.

Glad to hear the positive vibes coming out the camp, especially Martins. Get him signed up for 5 more years and no release clause

Guest DazzaNufc1892

i got told a while ago, dont know if i posted it that emre would be leaving due to religious reasons