Ryan Donaldson

Guest 22bnw

Guest 22bnw

"England U17s got their Nordic Championships off to a winning start on Monday with a 2-0 success against Iceland in Denmark.

Scorer of both England goals was Magpies forward Ryan Donaldson, who marked his international debut with two second half goals despite high winds and driving rain. 

Donaldson turned 16 in May after a memorable first season for our U18 side, which saw him net 11 times in 14 appearances and break into our reserve side."

.com

Anyone seen him? Any good?

Guest samjack

He is in my son's class at school, he's always going on about brilliant he is....don't really know alot about him tho', but sounds like a prospect none the less, & thats always a good thing to hear about young local lads hitting the headlines.

Guest 22bnw

He is in my son's class at school, he's always going on about brilliant he is....don't really know alot about him tho', but sounds like a prospect none the less, & thats always a good thing to hear about young local lads hitting the headlines.

Aye he's probably a charver c*ck atm but if he makes it big time with us then who can complain?

Aye he's probably a charver c*ck atm but if he makes it big time with us then who can complain?

Andy Carroll was like that.  I'm mates with a lad who got released from the U-18's this summer.  My mate met him at half-time during a match, and Andy Carroll had bleached blonde hair with blue tips.

Bit of usless information to back you up on that.

Guest 22bnw

Andy Carroll was like that.  I'm mates with a lad who got released from the U-18's this summer.  My mate met him at half-time during a match, and Andy Carroll had bleached blonde hair with blue tips.

Bit of usless information to back you up on that.

As soon as you start training with the first team you're not the brilliant school kid anymore and you have to get your head down. Andy Carroll seems a good lad now.

I saw him play against me in the cubs footy tournament.  His team got disqualified though, as he was an illegal player - he was too young.

I don't think he is, him in his brother certainly weren't years ago.  They were both one of these that plays loads of sports.  I think his brother played county cricket or something.

Guest Morph

I saw him play against me in the cubs footy tournament.  His team got disqualified though, as he was an illegal player - he was too young.

I don't think he is, him in his brother certainly weren't years ago.  They were both one of these that plays loads of sports.  I think his brother played county cricket or something.

You seen him play against yourself?  Sorry but I found that quite funny.

• 2 years later...

Given the way we basically walked the Championship, I wish we had given some of the youngsters like Donaldson, Vuckic and Tozer a chance in a few games. 20/20 hindsight, but still.

Vuckic was injured alot, until the last few games.

Given the way we basically walked the Championship, I wish we had given some of the youngsters like Donaldson, Vuckic and Tozer a chance in a few games. 20/20 hindsight, but still.

Vuckic was injured alot, until the last few games.

Yeah I can understand why he didn't get many games, but would have liked to see some of our youngsters who were fit thrown in for the last 20 minutes in matches we were dominating. Though tbf I can see why Hughton wouldn't want to risk anything.