Oba not going anywhere - the man himself

Guest 22bnw

Good, hasn't got the greatest touch or movement (although I think this will improve) but he has the ability to score a goal from nothing and thats something very valuable. He seems to be made of strong stuff aswell so I think he will more often than not be there when needed where as Owen and Viduka are probably going to take turns on the treatment table. 

It seems like he's developed a good understanding with Geremi already.

Was Geremi good tonight?

He was excellent. Can't think of anyone who had a better game tbh.

Played like he did in the last 30 at Carlisle.

Very underrated at Chelsea.

I said to someone earlier I thought a lot of people here were underrating him due to his Chelsea utility man tag. I think we will play a bigger part for us than just filling in when needed.

Guest 22bnw

Yeah, i think he will make a great right back for us.

I think he'd be wasted in that position, he's got a lot more to offer.

Wages are wasted with Stephen Carr playing there, that's for sure

*Does backward Flip*........

...........*Breaks hip*

Just watched the Oba interview...looks happy, sounds happy, still talks a bit in riddles, but his intent seemed quite clear.  Some select quotes:

On transfer speculation: "I kept my mouth shut so I'm not going anywhere.  I am still a Newcastle player.  I am very, very happy here.  I am not going anywhere."

On competition for places: "I believe it's not a competition.  I believe we have...about...many games to play, and we'll play them together.  That's it."

On Sam Allardyce: "Yea, yea.  A good man.  Big Sam.  And um...I think we work better together."

Just watched the Oba interview...looks happy, sounds happy, still talks a bit in riddles, but his intent seemed quite clear.  Some select quotes:

On transfer speculation: "I kept my mouth shut so I'm not going anywhere.  I am still a Newcastle player.  I am very, very happy here.  I am not going anywhere."

On competition for places: "I believe it's not a competition.  I believe we have...about...many games to play, and we'll play them together.  That's it."

On Sam Allardyce: "Yea, yea.  A good man.  Big Sam.  And um...I think we work better together."

On tonights result: "Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrappppppppppppppp!!!!!"

fixed

Guest thenorthumbrian

Rozenhal and Geremi made Sam proud tonight

Looks like those two could be very good players for the team and the squad.

Excellent news this.

I'm really liking the balance and mix of qualities we have up front, it's the one area of the team (OK Goalkeepers as well) that I'm really happy with. (Until one of them pisses off that is!).

If only we had these kinds of options and competition in other areas of the team...