Belgium...who is going?

Guest 3-1 NYD

Guest 3-1 NYD

With just over 3 weeks to the Zulte game in Ghent & no ticket info as usual,how many have taken the opportunity to book flights/ferries/trains/hotels etc.

Would be interested to know how many are going.

I've got 2 lads who I know coming over for Newcastle for this game. They're staying in a hotel in Aalst, close to where I live and by train about half an houre from Ghent. If anyone else would be staying there, just let me know and I'll show you the right places to go for a drink  ;).

Been to Belgium a load of times as the family has friends in Zonhoven, bar all the fucking smoke everywhere it's a cracking place to visit. If I had the cash I would definitely fancy the trip as the last time I was over there for a NUFC game it was the friendly with Anderlecht that we won 2-1, with Ginola and Asprilla netting if I remember rightly.

Waiting to hear on tickets as I'll just be driving if I do go, and will have somewhere to stay.

Been to Belgium a load of times as the family has friends in Zonhoven, bar all the fucking smoke everywhere it's a cracking place to visit. If I had the cash I would definitely fancy the trip as the last time I was over there for a NUFC game it was the friendly with Anderlecht that we won 2-1, with Ginola and Asprilla netting if I remember rightly.

Waiting to hear on tickets as I'll just be driving if I do go, and will have somewhere to stay.

The smoke has improved cause since a month ago it's forbidden to smoke in restaurants and in buildings where sport is exercised (so no smoking inside a football stadium, even where you can go for a drink). Just in the pubs there's still smoke.

As for a place to stay, well I wouldn't stay in Zonhoven cause that's the other side of the country than Ghent. But there'll probably be plenty of places to stay in Ghent or even nearby cities like Aalst.

I know it's a canny journey to Zonhoven from Ghent, done it a few times before, but it will probably be worth it in order to spend the following day with the people we know. I'm sure they won't mind us turning up at a ridiculous time!

Good to hear about the smoke!

Good to hear about the smoke!

I think that it's just a matter of time before smoking will be forbidden in pubs too, like they've already done in Ireland and Italy. This fight against smokers continues every year and since pubs are about the last place where you can smoke, they'll be next.

I quite frankly don't really care. I've quit smoking almost three years ago so I won't be bothered if they forbid smoking but as a former smoker I also don't feel like I should be a hypocrite and say that people can't smoke anymore. I wouldn't have liked it either if I were still a smoker.

Guest stormrider

I had everything booked, but since I quit being a toon fan, I guess I could sell the ticket.

post something here if you want it, no PM please.