N-O Football Match - Red v Blue @ 10:30 on 18/05/19 @ Dunston Powerleague

Dr Venkman

I learnt the last time that I don’t think my fitness is up to scratch. I’d be more than happy to be sub if we are going to do them.

Shall I invite my mate? No doubt he’d want to ply the full game, and another mate may also be interested.

I learnt the last time that I don’t think my fitness is up to scratch. I’d be more than happy to be sub if we are going to do them.

Shall I invite my mate? No doubt he’d want to ply the full game, and another mate may also be interested.

Get yourself there, man. We'll have a half-time breather this time. Prep your mate in case we don't have enough.

Get yourself there, man. We'll have a half-time breather this time. Prep your mate in case we don't have enough.

Ok, put me and my mate down. If theirs room I’ll ask another mate.

Guest Howaythetoon

Sorry, but my fitness is appalling and I’m recovering from a nasty foot/injury from 5-a-side football a few weeks back which another knock would set me back massively and has me wondering whether I need to call it a day. Work commitments would likely force me having to pull out at the last minute regardless anyway. And because Chris the ‘keeper is my colleague, it’s even more certain he couldn’t be able to play. Would love to play though and recommend ‘newbies’ giving it a go, class bunch of lads and lass (Jill) and a decent kick-about played in a really friendly and fun spirit.

We're at ten pencilled-in/definites (including mine and Stifler's one ringer each) and three maybes, with a further seven still to respond to my incessant pesterings. Would like a few more confirmed before committing to a booking but looks like we'll probably be okay for this.

Guest Howaythetoon

When is this would be up for playing though fitness is low

(Thanks to HTTs good write up)

Will you be in the pub after HTT[/member] ? Reckon you will tell stories like no ones business

Ha ha thanks, nah I’m nothing like the witty, charming, intellectual and amazingly funny person I am on here in real life. I’m a shy lad me. A man of few words...

I doubt I’ll be around, but if I am the thought of popping over and watching or bringing my boys along to run around on any spare pitch/leave free to take is something I’d be up for.

Honestly, anyone reading wondering, this is a good chance to join in and make your debut. There is nothing to be shy about and as far as fitness or level of ability goes, just turning up and playing is all that matters. I was one of the unfittest last time around and my control is shocking :lol: but if you can kick the ball a few feet and move a few steps back and forwards or side to side you’ll be fine. The 2 times I’ve played both teams were well matched so none of that was an issue.

Just stay away from Vinny LFEE Jones... only joking.

Btw do I have to return the Lockwood Cup? It’s like a shrine in my house, the day dad went to a land far far away to lead his team of fellow misfits into battle against an oppressive sovereign state and against all odds victory was ours, the glory mine for scoring 4 goals.

My boys ask me about Pele, Shearer, Shola, Nicky Butt and the other greats and yes I tell them they won World Cups, Premier Leagues, Pontins Reserves, overhead kicks out of play awards and other esteemed honours, but where is their Lockwood Cup? Who won that? ME, not them. Of course I was helped along by the mighty Stiffler and co, but I got to take it home.

I want it back like....

Guest Howaythetoon

My fitness is awful and I’m the type of person that wouldn’t want to embarrass myself given how much I’ve regressed since taking up smoking again, it’s bad enough Tuesdays five aside which I’m on the verge of quitting which would probably be the end of me playing football anymore. I’d not enjoy playing and I’d rather someone took my place and enjoyed themselves, the last game I couldn’t wait until it ended and although I got 4 and we won I was struggling after 10 minutes and caught a few people with rash challenges. I would love to play though, I’m gonna have a think, maybe it can act as motivation to work on my fitness. Need to stop smoking, I’ve actually  cut down on the booze and junk food.

Guest Howaythetoon

We all know how this ends, man. You've talked yourself into it: Dunston's Rondon will be playing.

I thought I was more Augero than Rondon personally, but these days I’m a poor man’s Joselu :lol:

I’ll give you an answer by Tuesday after my 5-a-side. That’s if my left foot/ankle doesn’t give up on me.

If I decide to play will we need Chris the ‘keeper? There is a good chance he’ll be at work, but he’d go mad if I played without him ha ha and his boss I can probably give him a day off...