The Coaching Staff

NUFC

Maybe just doesn't have the right character to be a manager. Clearly must have some good ideas about him to get the jobs that he's had.

There are definitely people better suited to be lieutenants than generals. Suspect he's cut from that cloth.

Guest palnese

He's 30. He needs the experience. Way too early to say if he's ever going to be a good manager or not.

He's 30. He needs the experience. Way too early to say if he's ever going to be a good manager or not.

Also true. Was maybe a bit early for him. Go back to coaching and try again in 5-10 years when he's a bit more experienced and frankly the rather daft but likely thing of players maybe respecting someone olders opinions a bit more.

There are a lot of factors that go into building a winning team. This being his first appointment means he's solving a lot of problems for the first time and he's not going to find the answers right away. I think the last thing he needs to do is retreat back to coaching. He needs to learn from the mistakes he's making, adapt, improve, probably develop a little more versatility. But taking a few years off seems like a terrible way to do that.

He'll only get so many chances though, why rush into first team management? It's not a bad thing to realise you're not totally ready yet, there's other ways to work on things and improve himself than to immediately jump into another first team manager role if this one continues to not work out.

• 1 month later...

No way does he turn down a gig like that. It hasn't gone well but he'd be mad not to try, even at this young age.

If he does get the sack I hope he comes back here, he's at the very least a good coach already from what people say about him.

No way does he turn down a gig like that. It hasn't gone well but he'd be mad not to try, even at this young age.

If he does get the sack I hope he comes back here, he's at the very least a good coach already from what people say about him.

:thup:

:thup:

Rafa rated him as well, kept him on when making staff changes.

• 1 month later...