Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

"The Trust has never got into a slanging match with Mr Ashley and Mr

Llambias and neither does it intend to, we're interested in our club

and more importantly its future. One final thought for you to consider

before you fill in the survey - sources have told us that Mr Ashley is

making up to £7m profit out of our club every month and whilst that's

not confirmed - do the maths - wages halved, no expenditure on

transfers, crowds up, new advertising revenue before the end of the

season and the assets of SJP Holdings. Make no mistake - Mr Ashley is

not going to lose on his investment in Newcastle but it's now time to

think about the club, city and community not himself."

Sweet Jesus what sources were these? That is the biggest pile of  shyte.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is f***ing gold tbh. If they're making £7m a month, people would be doing anything to get us for £100m nevermind £80m. How the hell people are taking these seriously is beyond me.

Such a massive shame, this had all the potential to be something useful for the supporters and the club but, as feared originally and highlighted on these boards (those naysayers who were slated for not getting involved in the NUSCT!!), its just continued to become a barely veiled continuation of the initial attacks on Ashley.

Such a massive shame, this had all the potential to be something useful for the supporters and the club but, as feared originally and highlighted on these boards (those naysayers who were slated for not getting involved in the NUSCT!!), its just continued to become a barely veiled continuation of the initial attacks on Ashley.

I registered and was prepared to keep an open mind and wait until I saw what they were about. My mind is now closed..... :thdn:

Can't believe that ridiculous £7m profit quote and can't really see the point of that survey but i'm still willing to lend my support to they're campaign.  Think Friday could be a pivotal day though when the new announcements are made and could be make or break for many people.

I really can't get over this tbh. I'm not quite shaking with rage but that has seriously angered me that paragraph. Will be interesting to see if there's a reply to the e-mail I sent them with regards to it and how they explain it. It's as if they're taking us for idiots man.

I think I'd actually worry far more for the future if this lot ever got their hands on the club.

Absolute joke that such a potentially powerful organisation continually make you want to grab them by the sholders and tell them to GROW THE FUCK UP! :thdn:

Is it really necessary to state that NUST has never got into a slanging match with Ashley and then proceed to do just that? This is all fine if it's a the work of a pressure group, but if it's a serious attempt to buy the club there needs to be a bit more professionalism.

didn't they have an article slagging off llambias a few months ago on their website?

They did and I posted somewhere on this thread that I was surprised how hostile it was considering that at some point NUST will be looking to negotiate with Ashley if their plan to buy the club from him pans out. I can't imagine when Moat was trying to buy Newcastle he was slagging Ashley off publicly. Not if he wanted to get the best price possible. If I was a serious business investor I'd be concerned to say the least that this sort of stuff is being published.

We're still paying for half our signings over the last 4-5 years and only now have miniscule TV money and a relatively modest parachute payment to fall back on, so the talk of £7m profit a month is straight from La La Land.

But if anything marks NUST as doomed from the off, it is the semi-literacy of their press releases. If they can't be arsed to a) look through their stuff to make sure it reads properly or b) use a spellchecker, what the f**k would they do when it came to running the club?

Fucking hell, £7 million :lol:

I really can't get over this tbh. I'm not quite shaking with rage but that has seriously angered me that paragraph. Will be interesting to see if there's a reply to the e-mail I sent them with regards to it and how they explain it. It's as if they're taking us for idiots man.

You need to calm down.

That's good advice. I hope NUST are listening.

Hmmm. Such promise seems to have evaporated in one sentence.

Well yes. Whatever they did needed to be good and it needed to be professional. They are intending to relieve people of savings and pensions and negotiate a multi million pound deal with the proceeds. And I have a sneaky suspicion that Ashley isn't the easiest person to negotiate anything with so they also needed to demonstrate that they might be good at negotiating  They have blasted Ashley for the way he has run the club, his communication and for his integrity and in one short email have succeeded in blowing themselves out of the water on every front - a spectacular achievement tbh.

I just don't like the fact they're out Ashleying Ashley when it comes to treating supporters like we're thick.

I think that's a bit sensationalist. I haven't seen a concerted effort from NUST to lie to the supporters on a consistant basis.

I get the feeling they've got the remedial wankers manning the emails because over the past few months their image has improved quite a bit, they're using the media better and they all seem to have a vague idea in which direction the trust is moving however they always seem to send out some ridiculous message to their mailing list with some cringeworthy prose or laughable piece of propaganda. Considering this is their main way of communicating with us and other fans it's simply not good enough.

What is SJP Holdings? Do they mean SJHL?

Dear God.

Isn't SJP Holdings the company Ashley formed to buy the club? May be well off with that one, but I've definitely heard of it before.