Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The last few days has proven to me football is totally broken in this country. You have the PL obscuring their owners and directors test to prevent a takeover they didn't have the bollocks to reject. Further down the pyramid, the FL are taking the opposite approach and dishing out twelve point deductions at their own discretion.

It's a totally closed shop, aimed at channeling cash to the top of the pyramid. Anyone who threatens to challenge the status quo or climb the ladder aren't welcome. Football in this country is about four or five teams and if you don't like it, no one cares.

I'm done, what's the point in investing emotionally and financially into a game that is rigged against you? I've been feeling this way for a while, but watching what has happened at Wigan and of course with us is the straw the broke the camels back. Money has totally destroyed the English game and I can't really be bothered with it anymore.

It's not really a closed shop at all is it? It's a closed shop to people who pirate PL games from a broadcaster who pays millions to show the games

We have no proof anyone from the bid was involved in the piracy.

I’m guessing that’s one of the reasons the premier league stalled and didn’t reject.

There is no other bid and this Mauriss guy is clearly BS but what's in it for Ashley to make this up?

He's making money anyway. A £17m windfall is hardly going to dent that.

Feel absolutely nothing reading this, and got to say I remain unconvinced by any of it.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ashley-sets-deadline-newcastle-takeover-22455611

Just confirms my opinion that this Mauriss character is an Ashley accomplice who's investment will be carefully staged to screw the city of Newcastle even further.

It would sail through the O&D test and get PL approval quicker than we could say "hold on a minute! this is just one giant scam."

I would suggest that the bid could be revived without a time limit just to

I would suggest that the bid could be revived without a time limit just to place the PL in a position whereby they have to make a decison, regardless of how long it takes.

Placing the club in further limbo for untold amount of time, with the season starting in weeks.

Sounds great

Feel absolutely nothing reading this, and got to say I remain unconvinced by any of it.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ashley-sets-deadline-newcastle-takeover-22455611

Just confirms my opinion that this Mauriss character is an Ashley accomplice who's investment will be carefully staged to screw the city of Newcastle even further.

It’s fake, a million percent.

The press releases sent out defending Chris Ronnie against accusations of bad practice when he was chief executive of JJB Sports were sent by Mike Ashley’s personal PR firm, Retail Week can reveal.

The company, Powerscourt Media, acts on behalf of the Sports Direct founder and said that the releases, dated August 11 and August 23, were “facilitated” by them as Ronnie did not have his own PR.

While there is no suggestion of any wrongdoing, the revelation could prompt increased speculation over the nature of the pair’s relationship. Ronnie, Ashley’s former right-hand man, went on to run JJB before exiting in controversial circumstances earlier this year.

Last week the Office of Fair Trading and the Serious Fraud Office raided the offices of JJB and Sports Direct as part of a parallel investigation into possible “concerted practice to dampen competition in the sports retail market from June 8, 2007 to March 25, 2009.”

It’s all bullshit man, there is no other bid.

Just seen the last bit of that quote but I came in to say 'wasn't it JJB who were linked in the SFO investigation into price fixing.

There is no other bid and this Mauriss guy is clearly BS but what's in it for Ashley to make this up?

He’s got three options:

1. Try to sell (probably have to reduce his price).

2. Keep the club, invest and make a success of it.

3. Pretend he’s a willing seller, invest absolutely nothing.

Stories like mauriss help number 3.

I would suggest that the bid could be revived without a time limit just to

I would suggest that the bid could be revived without a time limit just to place the PL in a position whereby they have to make a decison, regardless of how long it takes.

Placing the club in further limbo for untold amount of time, with the season starting in weeks.

Sounds great

Can't see that the club being in limbo or not would affect the outcome on the pitch to be honest, s**** if we're in limbo, s**** if the takeover is off. Might as well do 'something'.

But that’s not what has happened. They’re not just gonna say “actually, no, changed our minds, we’re no longer withdrawing our bid, what’s the decision please?”

The PL will simply state they’re awaiting answers from the buyers. The buyers will state they’ve given them. Nothing changes.

But that’s not what has happened. They’re not just gonna say “actually, no, changed our minds, we’re no longer withdrawing our bid, what’s the decision please?”

The PL will simply state they’re awaiting answers from the buyers. The buyers will state they’ve given them. Nothing changes.

Presumably the whole thing gets thrown out if the buying side publishes all the documentation and correspondence with the Premier League? It would be conveniently weighted to allow the Premier league protection to do as they please without recourse. Sounds fair and impartial.

They won't.  It'll die out like the anti sports direct tweets.  Prem will just stay quiet until this blows over.

Never blow over for me, anything that any club wins now is done with the condition Newcastle's ambition was blocked,

2021-22  Champions Man City/Liverpool *

* while only 6 clubs were allowed to compete.

He’s got three options:

1. Try to sell (probably have to reduce his price).

2. Keep the club, invest and make a success of it.

3. Pretend he’s a willing seller, invest absolutely nothing.

Stories like mauriss help number 3.

Well I think we can rule out number 2, forever.

I wonder if Richard Keys will be recommending any new buyers for the club? He was pushing the Ameircan angle wasn't he?

Come on up to Newcastle Richard, and bring Khashoggi's widow with you to show appreciation of the city and hopefully welcome investment.

EPL will absolutely hope we go down next season  :lol:

Think we'll oblige and all with Admiral Bacon at the wheel house.

If going down next season means PIF can buy us with EFL checks instead of EPL checks then bring on the slide.

If going down next season means PIF can buy us with EFL checks instead of EPL checks then bring on the slide.

Good point but I think we've received our Dear John letter unfortunately  :(

You can guarantee that the EFL would do the same as the PL though. Plus Mike won’t want to sell cheaply.

No they won't, they could care less what happens as long as we don't start threatening the footballing royal family clubs, i.e., Manchester, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

They'd probably be more than happy to see us finish 13-17th under Ashley/some other cunt with limited funds.