Football podcasts

Gash

Will definitely give that a listen but I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks highly of Pardew. Not that I disliked Raylor - I think he made a really worthwhile contribution on the pitch in his time here, particularly in the Championship and then in 11/12 - but you could tell he was a favourite of Pards'. He was still playing fairly consistently despite terrible injuries and not being that great a player in the first place.

Possible spoiler but he does. He says pardew never left him out of things when he was injured and when he made his comeback in the cup v Man City he was last player back to the dressing room and pardew had got the whole squad to go mental and sing his chant when he got back to the dressing room.  I suppose that’d mean a lot to him

Watched the Undr the cosh podcast with Andy Woodman on youtube last night,  really good,  now waiting for part 2 as that should cover more NUFC,  the first part has covered his playing career but mentioned Pardew nutting Meyler and also Pardew in charge of the trips, mainly to Tenerife with Palace.

Listened to the True Faith Pod a couple of times now.  Interesting enough listen.  Hard to say I've enjoyed them, as everything NUFC related is depressing ATM.

Charlotte spent the first half an hour of last night's one just talking for ages, without actually saying anything.  Was pretty annoying.  But she redeemed herself with her criticism of Shelvey. 

Listened to the True Faith Pod a couple of times now.  Interesting enough listen.  Hard to say I've enjoyed them, as everything NUFC related is depressing ATM.

Charlotte spent the first half an hour of last night's one just talking for ages, without actually saying anything.  Was pretty annoying.  But she redeemed herself with her criticism of Shelvey.

Yeah I find Charlotte sometimes talks but she doesn't really put across any points if that makes sense? Just sort of takes others and reiterates them.

I enjoy the true faith podcasts but that is probably because I share their miserable outlook atm. Actually annoys me when they try and find a positive  :lol:

Watched the Undr the cosh podcast with Andy Woodman on youtube last night,  really good,  now waiting for part 2 as that should cover more NUFC,  the first part has covered his playing career but mentioned Pardew nutting Meyler and also Pardew in charge of the trips, mainly to Tenerife with Palace.

Aye I listened to that, thought Woodman came across quite well (constantly referring to how shit he was as a player) and the story about Dani Osvaldo kicking him in the bollocks was canny funny.

Looking forwards to part 2, as you say, hopefully more Pards stories.

I dipped into Football Ramble today for first time in months. Found myself pretty irritated the way they were howling at the madness of Souness talking about ex-pros being refs. Fair enough the idea has a load of drawbacks, but it's been talked about for years and they were acting as if Souness was going off on a mad one.

Really good listen this. Covers a lot of stuff including scoring in the derby, coming back from injury, what Ben Arfa and sissoko were like, Colo’s party and carroll smacking Steven Taylor :lol:

I'm about 50 minutes into this and it's been brilliant so far. 

I know everyone is different with their personality, memory of things etc.  But what really stood out was a lot of the little details he remembered vividly and I think his love for the place and the club really shines through. 

He had some very slight digs about the fans getting on the players when they don't perform.  But perhaps we are worse than other fans in that regard? 

Aye I listened to that, thought Woodman came across quite well (constantly referring to how shit he was as a player) and the story about Dani Osvaldo kicking him in the bollocks was canny funny.

Watched part 2 earlier today, the story about how they all got 8 year contracts is absolutely insane. Funny at the end aswell when they all got payouts apart from Woodman :lol:

Watched part 2 earlier today, the story about how they all got 8 year contracts is absolutely insane. Funny at the end aswell when they all got payouts apart from Woodman :lol:

Ha ha I’d love to have been sat near them in Shark Bar when Woodman came back in from his SJP meeting!

He came across really well tbf!

Ha ha I’d love to have been sat near them in Shark Bar when Woodman came back in from his SJP meeting!

He came across really well tbf!

Yeah seems like a funny guy to be around, admits he was hopeless aswell.

I dipped into Football Ramble today for first time in months. Found myself pretty irritated the way they were howling at the madness of Souness talking about ex-pros being refs. Fair enough the idea has a load of drawbacks, but it's been talked about for years and they were acting as if Souness was going off on a mad one.

Haven't listened to it for ages, found them all hard work especially Pete.

Jim was the only alright one

I didn't mind the change at first but got bored of it pretty quickly.

I only listen to the ones which Marcus hosts. Listened back to a few of the best bits from previous years with the original 4, so much better than what is is now (granted it was a selection of best bits though :lol:)

I've never thought Jim adds anything. Luke is very obnoxious but quite funny at times I think. Love Marcus especially and like Pete

Don't listen anymore but thought that gonn review thing they did during the first lockdown was hilarious

Listened to Pod on the Tyne a few times now. Not sure what to make of it.

Often enjoyed Caulkin’s articles and his takes on the club. But he’s allergic to criticising Bruce. Seemed daft that he was questioning why we didn’t implement this style and tactics earlier in the season..... Then basically said 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 is no different, before back tracking. Then when he started criticising the tactics and the set up in more detail, it was always “Newcastle” and not “Bruce”.

Waugh seems pretty good and clued up. I don’t mind him.

The clips from Woodman’s interview were decent. He comes across really well.