Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Liverpool chairman Tom Werner denies reports Fenway Sports Group rejected £1.5bn takeover bid for the club ...

www.mirror.co.uk

Reports that Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group have recently rejected an offer of £1.5billion for the club have been denied by Reds chairman Tom Werner.

He told the Liverpool Echo that there was "no truth" in the reports coming out of the Middle East that FSG have been involved a year-long talks with an investment consortium which was led by Dubai financier Amanda Staveley.

He said: “We have better things to do than batting down rumours about negotiations with Ms Staveley.

“However, there's no truth to them.”

Werner alongside Reds' manager Klopp and owner Henry(Image: John Powell)Staveley took in Liverpool's draw at Newcastle earlier this month(Image: PA)

Read More

Abu Dhabi-based publication 'The National' today claimed that Staveley and her firm PCP Capital Partners offered FSG an initial £1.2billion in cash for Liverpool potentially rising to £1.5billion dependent on Champions League performance.

They claim the sale was 'killed at the eleventh hour' with FSG pulling the plug last month because 'with global TV rights expected to rapidly increase over the next two cycles the group believed that the club was being undervalued'.

Read More

FSG, who bought Liverpool for £300million in 2010, insist they have no interest in any talks over a potential sale as they remain committed to the club for the long-term.

They are in the process of securing planning permission for a new £50million training ground in Kirkby and are conducting a feasibility study with a view to redeveloping the Anfield Road End of the club's stadium which would increase capacity to beyond 60,000.

So just to clarify, all that ITK bollocks this evening was about a story that PCP have tried to buy Liverpool again recently - something that's been instantly denied by FSG? Oh, and that someone on Twitter asked FlagsLeazes to get an Amanda Staveley flag done for next game in an apparent attempt to bring about unprecedented levels of cringe.

Cool.

So just to clarify, all that ITK bollocks this evening was about a story that PCP have tried to buy Liverpool again recently - something that's been instantly denied by FSG? Oh, and that someone on Twitter asked FlagsLeazes to get an Amanda Staveley flag done for next game in an apparent attempt to bring about unprecedented levels of cringe.

Cool.

Are they seriously going to do a begging flag? ffs.

I hope we are not just a decoy in the Liverpool bid 

If someone thinks its better value to buy Liverpool for £1.5bn than Newcastle for £300m or so then good luck to the fucking mental weirdo.

It's been in the back of my mind since the beginning.

You don't do NDAs and DD if you're really after another club the only way this won't happen if Ashley plays a c*** and the club price value will rocket down if he does with not a hope in hell of ever getting his money back again. Add to that Benitez walking in the summer and fans revolt it will be a very dangerous game to play.

Glad I am not the only one anyway who doesn’t believe his bollox about selling the club. It’s not going to happen. As the fat c*** said himself we’re stuck with him for a while. He won’t sell at any reasonable price at all.

He will still be our owner this time next year and it won’t be a shock to anyone who has learnt anything from the last 10 years. The c*** is full of s***.

It's been in the back of my mind since the beginning.

You don't do NDAs and DD if you're really after another club the only way this won't happen if Ashley plays a c*** and the club price value will rocket down if he does with not a hope in hell of ever getting his money back again. Add to that Benitez walking in the summer and fans revolt it will be a very dangerous game to play.

You're bang on there, it's just paranoia on my part.

I'm still not sure what there is to get all excited about in this article, who cares if they bid and failed for Liverpool, if it is true how serious are they really about us, sounds like a clear ploy to force Liverpool's hand, if anything the story has made me more nervous that this ones got no legs in it.

Or that they want a Premier League club and have certain values set on each one.  So they've bid for one at a certain price and now they're bidding for another at a different price, not everything is a game/ploy.

BTW I didn't hear about this lot signing any NDAs to look at Liverpool's books. Did I miss that or are they supposed to have offered £1.5bn for Liverpool without doing any due diligence?....