Jetro Willems (now playing for Heracles)

Newcastle Fan

Guest chopey

Mad how quick that's been done.

Or not mad if it was just a case of the press not having a clue until this morning.

No income tax, no VAT Lovely Jubbly

From a couple of Dutch mates, on FB;

Jeroen Thijssen - 22 time Dutch international, left back who was good at PSV, however a decent attacking Eredivisie wing back often struggles a level higher - as such at Frankfurt. Still, he's getting a bit older and now at age 25 he should be experienced enough. Excellent pace, cross, pass - but defensively (mostly due to his size, still a bit of a question mark) - I'd like him in a 532/352 line-up, next to 3 DCs.

Dirk-Jan van der Duim - Loadsa potential when he appeared on the scene, still has a ways to go to reach maximum level, I'd say. Press in the NL think he's going to play himself back in orange, playing on this level.

Am sure we were linked with this lad, when Pardew was manager?

We were. Circa World Cup 2014.

Looks like he’s had a tough paper-round mind.

One of those you could easily convince me was 35 rather than 25.

We'll see how this one goes. IIRC another fullback on Frankfurt-Chandler was getting games instead of him at LB. Which is only noteworthy cause Chandler is the guy with more experience that couldnt beat Yedlin for the RB job for USA (Chandler is normally a RB). Now the timing may be off on when CHandler played there and Willems but I think they were both there for Frankfurt.

He is pretty well removed from the days where there was a ton of hype around Willems after PSV but maybe he can re-gain that quality.