Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Blyth’s Callum Roberts has signed for National League Notts County, for an undisclosed fee. Just hope the committee sanction the signing of a good replacement.

Has to be otherwise they may as well confirm relegation unfortunately. Always expected to see him go as he was head and shoulders above the rest, just surprised its not to a FL club to be honest. Good move from them in hindsight to tie him down on a contract so they could profit.

Some surprising results last night - South Shields beaten (allegedly deservedly) by Stockton Town, Spennymoor needing penalties to dispose of West Auckland and Seaham Red Star beating Consett in Durham Challenge Cup.

Also pleasing to see Dunston come from behind and beat second placed Ramsbottom in Evostik, seem to be getting some form together and going up the table after a tough start to the season.

I wish bloody Kings Lynn would bugger off.

Can't knock em, mind. Consistently convincing. York are clearly one of the best teams in the league but every win is by the odd goal. 2-1 against Bradford PA ffs; they'd scored about 9 goals all season. Ironically the only convincing victory the Minstermen have had this was actually against Kings Lynn.

I wish bloody Kings Lynn would bugger off.

Can't knock em, mind. Consistently convincing. York are clearly one of the best teams in the league but every win is by the odd goal. 2-1 against Bradford PA ffs; they'd scored about 9 goals all season. Ironically the only convincing victory the Minstermen have had this was actually against Kings Lynn.

Are Kings Lynn a side that are enjoying being doped, financially?

Not sure on the story, tbh. They've only been going in their current incarnation since 2010 and have had several promotions, so would assume there's some form of financier helping them through the leagues. Manager is Ian Culverhouse, who's had a couple of assistant jobs in the Premier League.

I wish Blyth could benefit from a rich benefactor. I know Platten is supposed to put cash in, but I've been led to understand in recent weeks that it's very much a 'loan'. :(

It is a loan in accounting terms but barring a mega windfall he won't not expecting it back any time soon- under normal circumstances the club continues to lose money. He cops a load of stick on Facebook from the knuckle-draggers when the guy is just a local bloke done good who's put in half a million quid of his own cash to keep things running.

Another good win for Gateshead last night. Keeps them creeping towards the playoffs. Now York, Darlington, Spennymoor and Gateshead all up towards the top of the league. Good for the North East.

Blyth got stuffed 4-2 at Telford though. It's looking bleak. :(

Blyth got stuffed 4-2 at Telford though. It's looking bleak. :(

Last night's result doesn't really change things. Anything from a midweek away is a bonus, but a couple of tough home games coming up too.

It's crucial that they invest the Roberts money wisely. Saw that they've been rebuffed by York for 'Nippa' Maguire, and have brought Harmison in from Morpeth, but you'd think they need more than that if they're to have a chance of survival...

Enjoyed the York City game today, clinical enough to beat 3rd placed Chester 4-2; Kings Lynn lost at home as well so that's some ground gained.

Heed and Spenny both pick up wins n'all, but another defeat for Blyth.

3500 at York today, by the by. 677 Chester fans I think it was. Canny little atmosphere. I haven't been nearly enough but I will really miss Bootham Crescent; classic, deep, steel and timber stands that carry the noise. I'm not even sure there's any standing area at all at the new ground; would bet there'll be some ST holders who've never seen a York game from a plastic seat.

How bigs the new ground, Yorkie and are there any pics? Been to Bootham once before - friendly back in summer 1992. Newcastle won 3-1. :)

BC or the new one?

New one: https://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/news/photo-gallery-community-stadium

It's finished now, as far as I'm aware, but no one really knows what's going on re the move. Word is we'll be moving in before the end of the season, which seems needlessly disruptive from a football point of view.

That stadium move has just been a mess.

It was first proposed when York were on the verge of going into League 1. It’s been delayed that much that they are now in the Conference North.

The management of the stadium has been a mess. I honestly think if it wasn’t for the rugby club moving in, the thing wouldn’t have went ahead.

I hope the move proves successful. I hope York manage to get into back into football league. Shame that it’s not going to be city centre stadium, but hopefully the benefits outweigh the negatives.