Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Would definitely sign him for the money. Not sure he's going to be a world beater, but when you look at the glaring flaws of the rest of our army of goalkeepers, it's a no brainer.

I'm the same. Seen a few cracks in his overall game as time has gone on but he's streets ahead of the other fools and basically good enough for the level we'll be looking at next season.

I'll be fucking foaming if we don't sign him especially at that agreed price. Had he been at another club and replicated that form over just one season I'd be happy to see him linked for at least double the price.

I'd also be canny gutted for him as well as us. Seems the right fit of character and ability.

We need to sign him, we have nobody anywhere near his level right now and probably won't for the money we could get Dub for.

Add on top he's completely bought into the club, the defence already know and trust him, he speaks good English as well so had no major issues adapting, we'd be mental to leave him and look elsewhere.

Mike Ashley is on holiday in Barbados at the moment. I wonder if that will slow things down?

It all depends on when the option to buy for £4m expires. I can see NUFC going to the last minute of that option if it saves paying his wages during the Summer down time.

If he's not a permanent member of the squad by this time tomorrow I'm going to burn Lee Charnley's house to the ground.

Go after Barnes. Charnley (whilst out of his depth) just signs the cheques these days imo. Barnes reportedly is MA's deal breaker/delayer/blocker et al.

If he's not a permanent member of the squad by this time tomorrow I'm going to burn Lee Charnley's house to the ground.

Go after Barnes. Charnley (whilst out of his depth) just signs the cheques these days imo. Barnes reportedly is MA's deal breaker/delayer/blocker et al.

alan-barnes-257509.jpg

U wot m8?

alan-barnes-257509.jpg

U wot m8?

Rafa had no issues (with deals being stonewalled & delayed) during his first transfer window, preceeding Barnes' arrival in Dec '17 (the Jan transfer window, in the Champo). The last three windows have been clusterfucks, which even saw Rafa plead for funds to be released to acquire Murphy's signature.

Surely it's no coincidence :)

alan-barnes-257509.jpg

U wot m8?

Rafa had no issues (with deals being stonewalled & delayed) during his first transfer window, preceeding Barnes' arrival in Dec '17 (the Jan transfer window, in the Champo). The last three windows have been clusterfucks, which even saw Rafa plead for funds to be released to acquire Murphy's signature.

JS60346457.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

He’s been brilliant for us and is solid in every aspect of his game. He obviously loves it here and this is his big chance. His reaction to the fans singing his name at the weekend was class, he was clearly blown away by it. I do love a random journeyman/foreigner/meh signing coming in unnoticed and suddenly looking the part and becoming a key player for us. I’d happily settle for a few more like that coming in. Yes we need to spend money and invest good money, but we do t need to spend silly money or much money on every player, there are bargains to be had and players that are underthe radar who just need a chance and to be coached right. Love how he looks across to Rafa sometimes as if to say is it OK to hoof it or just play it out nice and simple. Rafa patting his hands down towards the ground means play it simple, waving them forward means kick it long. That shows me he just wants to do the right thing at all times. It’s a similar pattern with a lot of our players. Man we are fucked if Rafa leaves like :lol:

alan-barnes-257509.jpg

U wot m8?

JS60346457.jpg

lol........... I'm not ableist, but nice try.

Edit: and yeah, you can fire a Whoooshhhh my way.

I could see a scenario where we have to get rid of Sels before we confirm Dubravka. Otherwise we'd have 5 pro keepers on our books which I doubt MA would be happy about

Might just be waiting for June 8th for window to open.

I thought the transfer window had already opened? It had to open very early this year due to it closing so much earlier.

Aye, it's already open.

That's for domestic transfers. Any international transfers can't take place until June 8.

Source?

Doesnt every country have their own dates so that June 8th seems weird.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

Transfer Window 17 May – 9 August

Premier League clubs in England voted to end the summer window on the Thursday before the start of the season - on August 9 in 2018, instead of August 31. Because FIFA demands the window must be open for 12 weeks, the window will open around May 17, shortly after the final games of the season on May 13. Clubs will be able to sell players until August 31 but not buy replacements after the deadline of August 9.

Although, in England, transfers between clubs in the same league can take place as soon as the last competitive fixtures for the season have been played, many transfers will not be completed until 1 July because many players' contracts expire on 30 June. International transfers into the English leagues (including the Premier League) cannot be made until the window has opened on 17 May.

Transfer window opens Thursday 17th of May.

Player contracts usually expire on the 30th of June.

The World Cup begins on Thursday the 14th of June and runs until Sunday the 15th of July.

12 weeks to get transfer business done with the World Cup taking place in the middle.

Transfer window closes on Thursday 9th of August.

2018/19 Premier League season is due to start on Saturday 11th August.